“It's the little things”

Ranked #68 of 144 Hotels in Christchurch
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“It's the little things”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The room was very well appointed, modern and very clean! We enjoyed the location being so close to all we needed. It was not cheap but was value for money. I found checking out was a real low point for me. No pleasantries from reception other than confirmation of the rate. Maybe a bad nights sleep? It certainly took the shine off the stay and makes this a last resort for us when we come to Christchurch which is often.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lou C
MACS77B, Owner at Bellano Motel Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are pleased this guest enjoyed our facilities and location of our property.
This review is disappointing. Guest booked by a large corporation for his families first stay with us. It was booked several times and each time cancelled but we made allowances for this and did offer a great corporate room rate. Our office staff converse with our guests in an appropriate manner, it is often inappropriate to make 'small talk' when it is apparent a guest does not want to enter into a dialogue.
Check other reviews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Room was very nice and clean. Modern decor and overall everything was high quality. I will mention I found reception to be a little cold- in no way rude but compared to other places we travelled where staff were friendly and we were asked how we were, where we were from and given recommendations and directions to places, the extent of conversation exchanged was a hello, paying for the bill and goodbye, basically! clearly just a transaction.
None the less a very good option for the fussy traveller, everything else was perfect.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Misssharnijay
MACS77B, Owner at Bellano Motel Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments on our property. We have great staff who take pride in the cleanliness and standard of our suites. We too as owners enjoy chatting with our guests and hearing of their travels and adventures around NZ. We apologise if you feel the staff member you met in the office could have been more friendly.
We look forward to having you back to stay in the future
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Bellagio exceeded our expectation. Not only were the rooms quiet, clean and modern, the "extra touches" are really what make this place stand apart. Such as: finding a spare toothbrush and toothpaste among the toiletries, the kitchenette well stocked with tea and coffee, dishes and every appliance we might need, and a fan! I can't sleep without air moving so I was thrilled about that. The spa tub was lovely to soak in after long days walking. This was our first visit to Christchurch and we could not have been more pleased. Thank you, Bellagio! We will recommend you to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zalea W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

With so few hotels left in Christchurch, I chose the Bellagio not quite sure of what motel standards are like in NZ. I was stunned when we opened the door to our room, beautifully appointed, super comfy bed, extremely clean and well cared for. They even have the little extras like Red Earth products in the bathroom and kindly catered for our 1am arrival. There is some background noise from the road as expected but it certainly wasnt enough to disrupt sleep. Very friendly on checkout, providing us with city maps, a brilliant breakfast suggestion (Vic's cafe - a 2min walk away) and suggestions for activities in the city. Would definitely stay at the Bellagio again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamNSW
NZ
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have stayedat the Bellagio on numerous occasions over the last 12 months. Whenever I am going to be in Chch for business I always request the Bellagio however it is quite often fully booked, if I am travelling at short notice, which is the only downside in my mind. Rooms are modern, clean and spacious and nicely decorated. No noise problems which I have found to be the case in other older properties. The Thai restaurant around the corner is verygood if you are looking for somewhere close by for dinner. Highly recommend the Bellagio, but make sure you book well in advance.

Room Tip: I've found all rooms to be quite similar.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MACS77B, Owner at Bellano Motel Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thanks for your great comments. After a long closure for earthquake repairs it is wonderful to be open again and to welcome back our regular guests as well as new guests choosing Bellano
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Bellagio Motel recently and were blown away with it. It was such a relaxing place to spend a night away from the kids, I loved everything about my stay, I couldnt fault it at all. Will definatly recommend this to others and will be the first on my list of places to stay in CHCH in the future.

Room Tip: Room 1 = perfect! Lovely big spa
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I returned to the Bellagio a year after our last visit. We stayed in room 1 and 4. The motel is still a wonderful, modern accommodation with a great location. We were provided with great service by the reception as always - accommodating our 4am check-out. Thank you for the wonderful stay as always.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple