Parkview on Hagley
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
$76
$81
$77
All reviewsbusy intersectionhagley parkspa bathgreat locationroad worksgreat view of the parkboy racersrunning bullfacing the roadspacious roomkitchenette areasmall balconymicrowave ovenseparate showerpleasant walkhotel is locatedcorner room
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Would not recommend a room here, was told since rooms were double glazed that road noise was 'barely noticeable' was kept up to all hours of the morning by yelling, screaming and boy racer cars.
Room had a lovely big spa bath however no plug and a sign saying not allowed to use it.

Trying to talk to Brian was like trying to get blood from a stone, anything that was said fell on deaf ears unless the wallet was open and willing to pay extra on top of a very expensive room as is.
Clearly wasn't interested in anything but turning a profit. Very dissapointed, suggest a change from the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This was a lovely hotel. There didn't seem to be many other guests, so it was very quiet in the building. The staff was very friendly. We loved being across from Hagley Park. We would go for a nice walk every night in the amazing park.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The room was very expensive, but there was not any choice at the time, due to a shortage of accommodation in Christchurch. Though the room itself was nice, finding hair in the basin is not a good look. The room was advertised as having a corner spa bath. The spa bath was definitely there, but there was a big sign in it saying "don't use due to water shortage". I stayed in two other hotels during that same week, and neither said anything about water restrictions. They had even removed the plug from the bath to make it unusable. The "corner spa bath" should be removed from their advertising if you can't use it. I would have complained to a staff member, if I had seen or heard one during my stay(which I didn't).

Would not stay here again, unless there was a change in management.

Room Tip: A room with a view over the park is nice, if you don't mind the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights in November. The stay was brilliant. A great location; good facilities. The staff from Reception to Cleaners were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I initially stayed here because a friend had already checked in. When I inquired on the rate I was shocked at the response (NZ$360), fortunately, my colleague was staying on a company rate (NZ$150) and the receptionist was happy to honor this, otherwise I would not have stayed here at all. I get the feeling that some Christchurch hotels/motels are cashing in on the earthquake because of the damage and restricted access to the CBD hotels. Other than this, I did not have any problems with the establishment, but I would not pay 5-star hotel rates for a standard motel room.

Room Tip: Request a park facing room, as there is a popular and noisy bar (Raging Bull) on the Riccarton Rd side
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Qualitycontroller
1parkview, Manager at Parkview on Hagley, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

We are very dissapointed to read this review as our room rates have not increased since we opened in November 2007.
These room rates are: Standard Room $199.00 per night.
Executive Room $235.00 per night
Premier Exec. Room $285.00 per night
Penthouse Room $335.00 per night
None of our room rates correspond with rates quoted by this reviewer ,and in fact we also provided accommodation to the earthquake affected residents of a Retirement Village following the September Earthquake , for 6 weeks, which makes the 'Cashing in' title of this review even more distressing to us and our staff.