“I would have preferred to stay in and ordered room service!”

Bamboo Garden Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 115 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“I would have preferred to stay in and ordered room service!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We ate at the Bamboo Garden on a Wednesday night, so it was not too busy. We were greeted by friendly staff and promptly seated, with a waitress asking us for our food order before we even had a chance to look at the menu or order any drinks (maybe too efficient service!) We ordered our drinks, and I had the Mojito, which was very good, but the second one I ordered was terrible (made by different people) and tasted completely different - they need to be more consistent with their drinks. My husbands beer was warm, which they replaced, but that wasn't much better. The menu is very extensive, with options of Chinese, Japanese and Thai. When we first saw the menu we were concerned that they would be average at a number of things, rather than great at just one type of cuisine, which we were right! They need to review the menu and offer only items that they do well. We had dumplings for entrée, which were average, and I had twice cooked pork belly for my main, which I would rather forget about - the pork was soggy and the plate was just full of cabbage and onion, which I hate so didn't eat at all! (at least the bowl of white rice was good!) It was a very average night with food that I wish I didn't order or eat - I would not be back.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Dinner Night”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

very busy restaurant so we decided to dine in earlier. The food and service were excellent with friendly staff. Great place to have dinner but not recommended for romantic dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Best of Blenheim”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Bamboo Garden consistently out do themselves in regards to service, food and atmosphere. on a recent trip to Thailand, I can definitely say that Bamboo garden reflect an authentic meal. Nothing but praise

• Visited January 2014
Papamoa, New Zealand
“Very nice establishment”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went twice during our stay in Blenheim,both times very good, they have a varied menu so lots to choose from I had Japanese, the salmon, it was beautifully cooked. We also had Thai starters all very nice. Everyone seemed pleased with their meals.

Visited February 2014
Glasgow
“Great place for Dinner”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Decided to book for dinner, restaurant was very busy, clean & staff friendly with a nice atmosphere.
Table booked for 7pm, a few staff were being trained up so service was very slow. Drink order took 25 minutes to be brought to table, waitress had to confirm order 3 times before sent to kitchen, waited 30 mins for entrees & 40 mins for main meal.
Overall food was amazing, All staff have to learn & were very friendly when approached, the day we booked was a busy night as resraurant was full.
Will definately return if back in Blenheim.

Visited February 2014