“Very long wait, overcooked food, shabby & cold.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Argosy Cafe + Take Away - CLOSED

Argosy Cafe + Take Away
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Havelock, New Zealand
“Very long wait, overcooked food, shabby & cold.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our party of 8 booked 2 weeks in advance, but we saw diners with no booking who arrived later than us ,had finished their meal before we received our meal.

We waited 1 hour for garlic bread, a further 1 hour for mains.
The first meal for our table was served 15 minutes before the last of our party was served.
No apologies received.

Cold plates, 4 out of 4 steaks were overcooked.
No water at the table.
Average pub quality meals at restaurant prices.

Cold, shabby environment.
Why would you eat at the Argosy when there are plenty of good restaurants around.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Landsborough, Australia
“Spot on. Delicious food, generous portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Plenty of choices on the menu. I had the roast pork, it was tasty with loads of vegetables and well presented and the other diner had a burger that rated highly. Service was friendly and fast. Take the opportunity to inspect the Argosy aeroplane and watch a movie on its history plus sit in the cockpit of this restored freighter. A pleasant experience combining good food and a history lesson.

Visited March 2013
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Huge portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had supper here last week. Quite a way out from Blenheim (need a car). Cafe style. Huge portions, so excellent for anyone who is really hungry. Fresh food, pleasant service, standard dishes.

Visited March 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Well I know I only went for a coffee and it was early well 9am and I think there were 5 staff there may be it was 4 , two were on the serving side and two I the kitchen. They took my order took my money and I was asked to take a seat and they would bring it over, I went and sat down and waited, waited got up and looked around at all the photos, went over to the counter where one af the counter staff was on the phone having a long chat.
After 25 minuets waiting and being the only customer in the place I gave up walked out and would not go back in the place again

blenheim NZ
“Large meals”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Large wholesome meals. Management are very obliging and welcoming. One can climb into the Argosy aircraft parked right next door. This plane has been restored to a very high standard

Visited December 2012