“A pleasant taste of Italy far far away!”

Rocco's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 116 Restaurants in Blenheim
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Montecchio Emilia, Italy
“A pleasant taste of Italy far far away!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hi, I'm an Italian traveller (mainly for business!) and I was invited to have dinner in this Italian restaurant from some Kiwis and I twisted my mouth for their choice (I'm always keen to tast the local food) but at the end of the evening I was really happy about this place. It's not easy to find such a good Italian quality so far away! and the owners are really friendly with all the guests. Good quality, generous portions and a good glass of Grappa at the end. I could not expected more than this?

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Dob59

• Korean first
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is one of the only restaurants we return to over and over in blenheim. Huge portion sizes and great quality. All decent homely food - we stick to the same meals over and over because they are amazing. And the garlic bread is not your average soggy loaf, its a meal in its self!
Although it doesnt look the flashest and may be dated, the quality of the food is worth every cent - a real "man" style dinner
Cant reccomend enough!

• Visited July 2011
Sweden
“Best Spaghetti alla Marinara ever!”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This was one of the restaurants recommended to us by our B&B host at a Marlborough winery. We hadn't eaten Italian food for quite some time, so we decided to try Rocco's. The place was full of people. Busy, loud, many laughters. Intense atmosphere. I ordered Spaghetti alla Marinara and I'm happy that I did. It was the best Spaghetti alla Marinara that I've ever tried. Divine! I ordered just an entrée but it looked like a main course!

• Visited February 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
“OK experience but restaurant dated and could do with a facelift”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I have happy memories of this restaurant from when I lived in Blenheim back in the late 80's and Rocco worked and owned the restaurant.
Enjoyed the food which was ok but nothing special,
Took a while to get my order taken but young waitress pleasant and efficient.
Just looks so dated inside - really needs a facelift

Nelson, New Zealand
“Amazing food complimented by traditional italian ambience.”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I have been dining at Rocco's with family & friends for over 10 years slowly working my way through the entire menu.
Every meal from entree through to dessert are delightful. Pastas have just the right combination of devine ingredients to sauce & home made noodles, the meat dishes are cooked to perfection, aged when appropriate and succulent. Rocco's own platter of italian treats is a must as a starter.
All are complimented by the traditional italian ambience... maps of Italy and New Zealand joining carved from the paintwork leaving natural woodwork, an underwater view of venice, tanks of live fish from local waters, a warm open fire and wine bottles from past hanging over head definitly conversation points plus.
Fabio, Carlos and their team of happy staff provide spectacular service and all look pleased to be there, one waitress was even singing to herself whilst at work. Definitly a Marlborough favourite of mine.Thank you Rocco's See you again !