“Stunning views, good food”

Brancott Estate Cellar Door and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discover the region’s premier wine experience at the home of the original Sauvignon Blanc. The Brancott Estate Cellar Door & Restaurant celebrates the history of Brancott Estate wines, at Brancott Vineyard, the site of the original Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc plantings.The spectacular Brancott Estate Cellar Door & Restaurant is one of Marlborough’s premier cellar doors with a restaurant offering majestic views over the region. On a typical clear day, visitors can see the North Island from the elevated site.Visitors can enjoy Cellar Door tastings and wine sales, Wine Tours, an informtaive AV presentation telling the story of the original Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and a restaurant menu featuring seasonal, local produce.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a very relaxed lunch. The views were stunning. Property is beautiful and you can see a lot of thought went into the design of the building. Book ahead of time, restaurant was filled. Saw several disappointed folks turned away.

Food was good. Had the port which was delicious. Also started with fresh fig and honey dish--yum.

Wines were good as well. Service was good.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I love visiting winery and Brancott Estate is hands down one of the most amazing and impressive vineyards I have ever been. The estate is as huge and far as your eyes can see. And apparently, they own not only this estate, but also few other estates in other parts of Blenheim. So you can imagine the wealth of experience they have to offer. They know their wines so all you can expect is nothing but the best!

The estate is beautiful! I quite envy the staff who work there who got to see that view 24/7 in all seasons. Must be really good for their eyesights!

I joined their wine tour as well which was a unique and amazing experience because this tour also involved meeting a lovely falcon. I got to meet the founder of the Falcon Trust, listened to the history and it's quite impressive to see their vision and passion to restore the NZ Falcon population.

Do have lunch there too! You get to enjoy great food and enjoy more of the expanse view of the estate. Spectacular!

And of course, before you leave, make sure you buy a bottle or two of wine. Brancott Estate supports the Falcon Trust so some of the proceeds goes towards them which is a big plus.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a fabulous experience here. Nothing was an issue. All staff were warm, friendly and most welcoming. The wine is fabulous and the food is delicious. I had the chicken salad and it was just perfect. Hubby had pork which he loved too. Views are amazing. Bathrooms are really clean and nicely done and restaurant lay out is perfectly done.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had chicken salad for lunch and it was delicious and the views over the vineyards were breathtaking! Service was really good.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately for Brancott, we visited them after a fantastic experience at Framingham Wines. After a quick 4 minute video, we were rather rudely ushered to a woman for a tasting. The lady seemed in a rush, perhaps looking forward to not dealing with any more troublesome tourists! I asked if we could try the Sauvignon Gris as I had never heard of such a thing! She agreed that we could "swap one for that". So we were permitted to try 4 wines, when there were at least a dozen bottles in front of us. The tasting was over in about 4 minutes. We were left feeling very underwhelmed after our previous winery visits. My theory has been proven time and time again through winery visits. Avoid big commercial producers and seek out the smaller gems. All in all a very ordinary experience, and one I will keep in mind when dealing with the thousands of customers a week that seek me out for wine buying guidance in our bottleshop.

6  Thank Jallchin