“An expensive disaster”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bellafico Caffe and Wine Bar
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We used to live at Anakiwa and enjoyed wonderful meals we had at Bellafico.
Two years ago we shifted to Nelson, but had reason to return to Blenheim yesterday and decided to have coffee and a muffin at Bellafico.
It was extremely disappointing - the muffins were over heated and were rubbery and tasteless. The mocha had no froth, was tepid and had no chocolate taste. The latte also had no froth and was very bland. When I didn't drink my mocha the waitress asked why and I told her it didn't taste like it should. She asked if I thought she needed further training and I said I thought she did.
This horrible experience cost us $17. Unless something changes I doubt we will come back.

2  Thank nelsonhappyface

Reviewed December 18, 2008

Very good wine selection, but the food was very poor.

I had prawns to start which arrived on a potato cake. Why ?

Main course Lamb - arrived on a potato cake. The lamb was tough and I sent it back a disgrace to New Zealand. I chose the beef instead which was well cooked but had an inedible sauce. Oh and it arrived on a potato cake.

Very disappointing.

1  Thank EgonR
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Not a bad little restaurant, the food is good, their famous Lemon Meringue Pie is a must try!..service ok, too bad about the seating though, they could do with some decent, more comfortable seats. Worth a try.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The team at Bellafico couldn't have been more helpful. We were a group of 12 and one of us was celebrating a birthday so they'd gone to considerable trouble to arrange flowers and a cake and happily packed it up for us to take away later.

The menu was just the right size and had several of us struggling to choose between dishes - you know that rare event when you want to order three or four different things so you try to get your neighbouring dining companions to order them so you can try all? In the end I ordered the rib eye steak and it was absolutely the right choices.

They had a wine on special which I regretted ordering because it was a 2002 chardonnay and was really past its best but happily they'd allowed us to BYO for a reduced corkage rate and so we still enjoyed the bottles we'd brought with us.

Really nice ambience and decor, professional service and lovely food. All round a great night.

2  Thank Boppy
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Awesome lemon meringue pie. The best ever :o) Rest of the food and service is good too.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook