“Excellent value with 5 star service”

Bike Hire Marlborough
Book In Advance
More Info
$24.63*
and up
Half-Day Marlborough Wine Region Bike Hire
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The perfect way to do a self-guided wine tour of the Marlborough wine region. Hire a bike from Bike Hire Marlborough and wine tour by bike for the day around Marlborough's world class wine region. Flat, easy biking and beautiful scenery mean cycling the vineyards is the only way to tour the wineries. Within 3km of our home base at the Vines Village there are over a dozen wineries and river trails, giving you the best location in Marlborough to start riding from. Full day hire includes free pick up from Blenheim or Renwick accommodation. Three hour hire can be picked up from our base or the gelato shop at the The Vines Village. We have ample free parking,toilets and an on-site cafe. We are the only bike hire company in the area to be based on the original Golden Mile and the only company with a winery cellar door onsite. Ride the Golden Mile with us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Wine tasting on two wheels - the only way to go. Great service & communication from lovely people, easy pick up & drop off at hotel, excellent quality bikes & map, great local winery knowledge and excellent recommendation for lunch at the Rock Ferry winery for our self guided tour. Thanks Karen & Andy!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank judeles500
Karen W, Owner at Bike Hire Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Thanks for the review. It was great to meet you both. Hope the rest of your trip went well.

Karen and Andy

Reviewed April 16, 2017

I hired a bike to get me around Blenheim over the Easter weekend. Primarily I wanted to be able to get between airports, the Omaka airshow and my accommodation without too much bother.

Karen was great to deal with beforehand, and very flexible about picking up and dropping off the bike. I was a little worried as it was Easter weekend, and early-ish on a Saturday morning that I was getting into Blenheim - she reassured me that they'd be able to fit in with me and they certainly did!

Karen and Andy picked me up from the airport and very nicely drove me a little way into town before dropping me off and making sure I was all set up with the bike. It made my ride out to the Omaka airfield a lot quicker! They were also really helpful pointing out different routes to take for exploring Blenheim on my way back to my accommodation for the night.

I hired the bike for two days and dropping it off at the end of the hire was just as easy because they were really flexible with plans! I appreciated being able to ring them a few hours before my drop off to organise a pick up location that worked for me! They even dropped me back off at the airport.

100% will be back to explore more of the area by bike with these guys - absolutely recommend Bike Hire Marlborough!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank bridgegemma

Thanks for the great review! Look forward to seeing you back in Marlborough again. Maybe some days either side of the airshow next time for some further exploring :)
Karen and Andy

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Awesome experience, from the initial enquiry, nothing was a problem, even a last minute change of 2 to 7 people and adding another pick up location in the mix didn't faze. Lots of information on the wine district on way to venue and again choosing wineries to visit due to our limited time frame. Lunch recommendations. Very cool bikes.

1  Thank bond_hood
Karen W, Owner at Bike Hire Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hi

Thanks for the great review. It was great you managed to pack so much activity into your weekend in Marlborough. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

We had a wonderful day experiencing the Marlborough wine region. We were collected from our accommodation in Picton & taken to Whitehaven Winery by Andy who was very friendly & informative. What a great way to make your way around the wineries, a lovely fresh picnic lunch was supplied which we enjoyed at Seresin Estate, we covered 7 wineries & at no time were we pressured to purchase. The bikes were in good condition & we had an awesome day!

1  Thank Marita B

Hi
Thanks for the great review. Glad you had a great day. See you next time.