Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $102.98
from $106.86
from $87.43
More Info
All reviews cruise ship local knowledge scenic tour chocolate factory wine tour lunch stop marlborough wine end of the day great wine pamela picton wineries winery region touring wines
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Our driver Pamela was a lovely and knowledgeable person, but, very we were dissapointed as she was 45mins late for our winery tour and we did feel very rushed. We were supposed to go to 4 wineries, only stopped at 3. We did not stop at the chocolate shop.
Lunch stop was booked at Hilltop wineryard, that was an experience in itself ( NOT GOOD) after being greeted by a very rude manager, who told very rudley that we would have to wait 45 mins before we could be seated for lunch, not acceptable. We asked if we could order a cheese platter while we waited, her response "We cant do that"
On our return Pamela was kind enough to take us to some local shops and buy us an ice cream, also gave us a little gift bag with fridge magnet and chocolate, nice touch.
Although it was a lovely day, we were dissapointed with our experience.

Date of experience: March 2019
9  Thank Geniee6
Pamela M, Owner at Your Local Chauffeur, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

HI Ladies
Thank for your review of the day.
We did discuss the Highfield TerraVin incident together and I was appalled as you were to experience such a rude welcome. You also know that I will never support her again. I have no worries regarding the chef and the excellent cuisine he prepares. I was sad that you could not get that experience.
I was pleased though that the fish and chips at the Cork and Keg went down well. It is such a fun pub and with the Marlborough on the plate I think it can be just as delicious as michelin cuisine sometimes.
The last thing I ever wish for is that you go away feeling disappointed due to the rudeness of a Marlburian in a restaurant. Not acceptable.

The start of the day although I explained briefly at the time -we did not leave later than the scheduled time for the tour.. If we can get away earlier sometimes then that is a good thing.
The major challenge of the day was a huge mistake by the Port advising us on their official schedule from 5 November 2018 through to the day of the tour that the Amsterdam was departing at 6pm. This was not correct and never had been correct. Hence a mistake that has caused several of my passengers to state I was late to arrive.
I wasnt late, the ship allowed passengers to come off really early and I can understand them and yourselves wanting to take advantage of that extra time. The start time was 9:30 am - 10:00 am. Never was it 8am - 8:30 am.
In this instance I copy and paste part of my reply to the last review of some info that is applicable that caused this fiasco on the day.. Happy to offer you proof if you were to email me and request.

Your review is totally acceptable to me and I enjoyed all your company so much. What a fun group you were. Love to meet you all again. I am sorry about the chocolate shop.. I need to recollect why we didnt go? I fear it was your choice if we had time to have an ice-cream in Picton. I stand to be corrected but I know there was some shopping to do in Picton for Merino.

Here is what I feel will explain your comment of 45 minutes late. I am sorry but I wasn't late at all.

"""In actual fact Port Marlborough made a huge mistake to which I can prove to you by email if you so wish. Up until 8:30 am that morning of the tour day their records showed your ship as departing at 1800 hrs.
I Site office were not open until 8:30 am to which I was shocked and no Alert was given to us as tour operators.at all.
Having 80 people on tour this day on several vehicles all set to arrive back to the ships at the same time, I had a huge admin turn - around to handle before I could arrive in Picton. For all passengers to receive a great day.
I had to rearrange a separate vehicle for the Amsterdam by changing itineraries, re-organise my chauffeurs who were absolutely marvellous to take last minute changes and plus organise at the last minute a relief driver for 12:30 pm to bring 4 passengers back to their ship at 12:30 pm. Of course I would be the last to arrive into the I Site Centre.

The other comment you make about expecting to depart an hour after arriving at 0700hrs was never stated as your start time. Your start time was 9:30 am. If everyone had arrived earlier then yes we could get away. This also covers us as operators when challenges happen our end and a mistake and a huge one at that was made by Port Marlborough.

I have spoken to them at length explaining that your complaint has been forthcoming but no apology from them at all for this error. The Port Authority when I phoned him at 8:30 am told me that the Captain of the ship made a last minutes change in the ETD. About an hour before. Both you and I know this was not the case at all.

I will tell you and again can give you proof in writing that our schedules began at arriving 0500 hrs and departing at 1400 hrs. On 5 November this changed on our official schedules that we download weekly to 1800 hrs.
It remained so until the morning of the tour.

When I asked all my chauffeurs and did so myself - we asked everyone on board our tours to clarify. YES EVERYONE SAID YOU ALWAYS HAD THE ETD OF 14OO HRS""".

This was written to Barbara P who was travelling on the Amsterdam.

Ladies once again it was a pleasure to have you on my tour and I hope we can meet again sometime.

Have a great time together and get into a lot of mischief as I know you all will.!!!

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

Pamela met us off our cruise ship in Picton for a private tour of the famous Marlborough wineries — my favourite wine producers. Pamela is engaging and chatty, keeping us amused with anecdotes during the drive out to the wineries. We started off with a tasting at one of my all-time favourites, Saint Clair, which we enjoyed as a very relaxed and beautiful place, with picnic tables and a friendly vibe. The famous Cloudy Bay winery was next, busier and more commercial, but the staff were all knowledgeable and friendly too. We visited three further wineries (Forrest, Jackson and Wither Hills) — good thing Pamela was driving and drinking only water! We had lunch at Captain’s Daughter near some of the mussel farms and then had a scenic drive back along the spectacular Queen Charlotte Sound. Again, we packed a lot into our day and covered far more ground with Pamela than we would have done if we had taken a tour arranged by our our cruise company. It’s a beautiful region and we hope to return for a more in depth visit next time. Thanks for your time and local knowledge, Pamela!

Date of experience: February 2019
12  Thank Loraine1723

I thank you Loraine!
Wonderful review from you. it really means a lot. Especially when it is our focus to ensure you have the very best day out.

I do agree that on a large bus you just cannot compare and it was great that you had the foresight to book a smaller personal tour for more fun and to see much much more,

It was my pleasure and great to meet you . Come back!

Reviewed February 10, 2019

We spent an amazing day wine tasting, the communication with Pamela was excellent, the day was well organised and ran smoothly, we visited all of the wineries which we requested, plus squeezed in an extra one. Moira was our driver for the day, she kept us on track and has a great (dry) sense of humour. Thank you Ladies it was a day to remember!

Date of experience: February 2019
12  Thank James D

Hey James

Sounds great and thank you for the review.
I will pass your kind comments on to Moira.

I really hope you might come back and see us all again.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

Pamela gave us a fun and interesting tour of the Marlborough wine area, stopping for wine tastings 3 or 4 times, along with a stop at a chocolate maker. She is entertaining and experienced, making the time fly by.

Date of experience: January 2019
11  Thank Edmundo_de_ABQ

Thanks again Edmundo

Reviewed January 24, 2019

We scheduled a Wine Tour with Your Local Chauffeur in Picton. We arrived in Picton on Royal Caribbean, We were in a party of eight (8) adults.
Before our arrival, we communicated via e-mail with Pamela March, who was very prompt in her responses.
Upon arrival, she met us in the downtown area of Picton, approx. a five (5) minute drive from the Port.
Pamela had a very comfortable mini-van, and she drove us to the Wine area of Marlborough. We had several stops tasting wines, and she also took us to a very nice place for lunch. We also stopped at a Chocolate factory. The chocolate was exceptional!
Pamela was GREAT, she grew up in the area and was very informative.
It was definitely an enjoyable day and Pamela was excellent.

Date of experience: November 2018
5  Thank Sherrill L
Reviewed April 10, 2018

We had a lovely time travelling around the wineries of Blenheim with Pamela. She ensured we went to wineries that suited our tastes, and also provided great suggestions on where to have lunch. It really helped that she had menus to look at. The afternoon was spent relaxing with coffee, and we even managed a tasting at the Moa brewery towards the end of the day . . . nice finish !!
We would certainly recommend booking a tour with Pamela.

Date of experience: March 2018
19  Thank NbR0789
Pamela M, Owner at Your Local Chauffeur, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Hi Neil
I sent the response but it didnt seem to submit. Sorry if twice.

Thank you so much for your great review.

Come again soon.