“Early days??”

Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days from 9am til late, serving up true southern hospitality in modern and comfortable surroundings!
Gold Coast, Australia
“Early days??”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very nice surroundings and great staff. Good selection of drinks. Reasonable prices, but the food was not. Not sure how long it has been open, but looks and feels brand new, so maybe a teething time for them. willing to give it a second chance because of the great staff.

“welldone”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

faboulas 'pub blenheim need this for long time location is very handy good parking bsck of pub excelent interior great range of beers and wine delicious food

• Visited October 2013
Manawatu-Wanganui Region, New Zealand
“Very average meal”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was excited about trying the Ale House as others are really good. I ordered a shrimp cocktail for my entrée and the Caesar salad for my main as I wasn't feeling overly hungry. The shrimp cocktail came out looking sad with about 12 shrimps on a massive bed of shredded lettuce, the shrimps were cooked well but the dressing tasted like semi-flavoured water, I didn't bother making my way through the large amount of unflavoured lettuce. Unfortunately the Caesar salad was just as bad. I've had amazing Caesar salads at other restaurants so this was really disappointing. It lacked flavour and everything was strangely overpowered by the iceberg lettuce. It had what tasted like the same watered-down dressing as the shrimp cocktail over the top. I came away feeling like I'd spent a lot of money on unflavoured lettuce.
My husband's entrée and main were both good - he ordered the seafood chowder and the drunken steak.
The atmosphere was good and the waitresses were friendly so I'd like to go back at some point but will certainly be changing my order!

blenheim
“congratulations Speights Ale House!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well done to the Owners - John and Haley - on the recent completion of the Speights Ale House in Blenheim. It is a fabulous building inside and out - with many little areas to sit and chat to friends - and enjoy THE BEST coffee and beers/wine. We recently popped in for a quick lunch - and had the most delicious chowder! Highly recommend it. We received excellent service and the staff looked great in their uniforms. We will be back!