“good place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blenheim
Copperbeech Backpackers
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice hostel with huge garden.
friendly staff
nice tidy rooms and showers
only the kitchen is a little bit to small when everybody returns from work.
nice tv room
comfy beds
the managers are very helpful to find work for you !!!
cheers

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Hi Lorenz!

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to see you had a good time!
We do know the kitchen is the biggest, but also not the smallest. At the moment we are actually in the progress of upgrading it so you should definitely come by again and see if it's any better :)

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your travels!

There are newer reviews for Copperbeech Backpackers

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Where to begin this hostel is one of a kind where the management make it their job in life to make sure you have the Best stay possible. From weekend activities to mid week treats, anything is possible here and you are made to be part of the Copperbeech family. Ive spent many a cold night in front of the warm fire or warm nights sat on the deck chilling with the people. Parties wine tours dolphin watching hiking its all here with the best managers to help make it all available for you. I can't recommend enough to stay here come for a day stay a month or two.

Room Tip: Cottage is the best for couples but if you want to relax in a good dorm room the Germany room is by...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It so nice to read this and think back of all the great moments we shared! You know us we only want the best for our guests so...

We do hope to see you again, hopefully in the very near future!

Take care both of you!!
Happy travels :)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Copperbeech is really The place to stay. Really Nice and cosy hostel with great people who must probably will become your family. Don't even think staying for shortly and even if you stay you still will have a great time. The managers are always up to help you out and the activities are great, they have great ideas, you can't miss the free wine tour. At cold days you can enjoyed the cosy fire in the living room and at Sunny day you can enjoyed the Green and big backyard. Stay at Copperbeech you won't regret

• Stayed: June 2013
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2014

Thank you Gisele for your feedback! We are so happy you had an amazing time!! There is not a day that goes by that we not miss you!! We hope you are fine!! Happy travels and hope to see you soon again :)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Looking for my next stop during my work & travel stay in New Zealand I discovered Blenheim. Although I was told not to go there by many people I figured I should get an idea for myself and that was the best idea I had.

The reason: COPPERBEECH BACKPACKERS!!!

When I arrived Svatka the manager gave me a tour through the hostel and although there weren't any jobs available at the time I had to stay. I felt really comfortable and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Copperbeech backpackers is not just a hostel. There are so many things that make copperbeech to something really special:

- The rooms don't have simple numbers, no, every room stands for a country

- cleanness is very important for the lovely manager Svatka and Vinnie who go about it them self.

- there is a program for every night: movie night, soccer, free vine tour, parties... It never gets boring!

- a big terrace with comfy couches

- living room with chimney - seriously cozy!

- modern single showers, no group showers

- giant back yard with apple tree

But the most important part: Svatka and Vinnie the loveliest and best hostel manager I have met in NZ. They are very thoughtful and have an open ear for everybody - they just make you feel like you belong to a big group - no anonymity!

I had the best time in New Zealand at Copperbeech backpackers and if you don't go there you will miss a wonderful and unheard of time.

Copperbeech = my home in NZ

Thank you Svatka and Vinnie!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hi Gianna,

Thank you so much for your review! Always nice to hear our guests appreciate our effort to give you guys a great time in NZ! Thanks for the summary, we do like our rooms which are countries instead of numbers. As you know at our place nobody is a number too. Personal approach and a great atmosphere are big aims for us!

We've been too many hostels ourselves and we always said that we wanted a clean hostel, so hence why we do everyday a thorough cleaning by ourselves so we have fully control over the quality of the cleaning.

We love the activities too as it is a great opportunity to get to know our guests and for our guests to mingle.

Thank you so much, we are glad you appreciate our 16 hour working shifts 7 days a week just to give the best to all our guests in return!! We would be so happy to see you again, Gianna!! You are a true part of our Copperbeech family!

All the best,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you are looking for a Job in Blenheim and you want to have a home away from home, Copperbeech Backpackers is the best place to stay. In the beginning I wanted to work there for 2-3 weeks. In the end I've been there for 2 months, cause I didn't want to leave...
Be prepared to find some awesome friends, awesome atmosphere and have a wonderful time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
CopperbeechBlenheim, Manager at Copperbeech Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are glad you stayed with us this long! We a had great time having you around! Happy you did stay longer than 3 weeks! This happens to many of our guests. Once you enter, it's very hard to leave again! But at least you know when you leave that you met some lifetime friends and have another great experience in your backpack!

Thank you for staying with us! Best of luck,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

There are lots of Hostels that say they will be your home away from home,,, but actually copperbeech is the only one where it's true.
If you are searching for work and at the same time a NICE place to stay, choose copperbeech. I stayed there for 1,5 months and had the bestest time! It's a very cosy and comfy place and the price for weekly rates is just amazing !!! The moment you enter the hostel you can be sure that you'll be well looked after. The managers will be very happy to help you with ANY issue. They will take you to free winery tours, to the beach or arrange trips to pack n save. So don't worry you don't need a car ! Town Centre is in 5-10 minutes walking distance :)

Ive made great friends in Blenheim and was super sad to leave. Thanks for the good time and awesome memories :-) melanie

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank melaulaume

Hi Melanie,

Thank you so much for making the time and effort to review us! We appreciate every advice and help from all of our guests! We are happy you felt like home! Many of our guests do, which is great! We try everything we can to make it a very homey and lowkey atmosphere so everyone feels part of the family!

We try to keep our rates as low as possible (that's why we are only two people for everything, cleaning, activities, check-in, no eftos as too expensive,...). We love doing activities with you guys as that gives us the opportunity to get to know you and creates a bigger bond between guests! We are very happy you had a great time! Hopefully we see you again one day!

Best wishes and happy travels,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I really love this hostel. I stayed at Copper Beech about 4 months and I really enjoined it. I couldnt believe that i stayed longer here cos everyone is friendly and the cute dog named Jack is my good friend. I love him. This hostel is clean and a lovely living room is nice and warm in winter and free coffee and tea! I met good friends from all over the world! It was cool. Moreover the managers are well organized person and they helped me find a job in Blenheim. It was awesome. Thanks a lot for your kindness and a warm welcoming.

Room Tip: France room is the best!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind and warm words!! It was great to meet you and to have you around for so long! Jack is missing you too and is looking forward to welcome you back one day!! We are glad you had a great time at our place, that's our biggest aim: a great experience while your travels in New-Zealand!

We wish you all the best and hope to see you one day in Thailand!!

All the best,