“A bit of brilliant Brazilian in Blenheim” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gramado's

Gramado's
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Inspired by a small town in southern Brazil, part of the state Rio Grande do Sul, Gramado city is renowned for its fine wine, international cuisine and chocolate. Come in to a cosy, warm place for dinner or drinks. Enjoy the homestyle atmosphere, the little bar and separate dining areas. Please not we do not offer B.Y.O or Corkage.
Brisbane, Australia
“A bit of brilliant Brazilian in Blenheim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Who'd have thought.......a Brazilian restaurant, especilially a good one in a small town like Blenheim.
Ate here with the family the other day. Superb, best meal of our 2 week vacation.
Service was prompt, efficient and very genuine. Saulo was both knowledgeable about his food and wines as well as being the consummate host.
We had the salt and pepper squid which my daughter said was superb, a seafood chowder (best on the trip, and we had eaten quite a few) and 2 specials. The Assado which was rich deep and flavoursome and a sticky guava soaked ribs dish which we all lapped up.
If you are eating here you really should try the Brazilian dishes!
The matching wines were great as was the cocktail Saulo served for openers.

We don't live in Blenheim, but its almost worth the 300km trip to eat here.
You won't be disappointed.

• Korean first
Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

They were yummy meals, and the service was excellent! They were also very accommodating to children :-)

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Great Spot for a Tasty Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had read all the great Trip Advisor reviews of this place so had to go and try during the one night we were in Blenheim. It's an odd sort of restaurant as it has a sort of sports bar on one side and a restaurant on the other. The atmosphere is much more of a 'home cooking' style relaxed atmosphere rather than a five star restaurant so as long as you have the right expectations to start with you'll be fine.

I understood it was supposed to be Brazilian food and there were a few Brazilian options but only a few - but that probably works in a place like Blenheim as there's something for everyone on the menu - including fish and ships, steak, pasta etc. We chose the Brazilian options and we were not disappointed - absolutely delicious.

Probably the most disappointing thing is the wine list - it has those usual stock standard wine choices - Kim Crawford, Corbans Merlot, Wyndham Estate, Roaring Meg, Wither Hills etc. What a shame - in a key wine region like Marlborough and only having those uninspired standard wine choices. There was one or two options that were from more boutique vineyards - but only a couple of choices. I overhead the next table order a cocktail so that seemed like the best thing to do. Although they don't generally make cocktails, they did make a very good caipirinha - the national cocktail of Brazil. So that would be my recommendation.

What made our dining experience very good were the great staff - our waitress was lovely but there was also a young Brazilian guy who made a point of talking to us and explaining the Brazilian food options, and who came back several times to chat about things and ensure we were enjoying the food.

So overall a good experience and I'd go again. So don't expect anything fancy, order the Brazilian food and capirinhas and you should have a good night!

Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
“Authentic Brazilian flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Gramado's last night with 8 people and everyone loved their meals. Saulo and Emma are really friendly and attentive giving the restaurant a family atmosphere. I am Brazilian and I absolutely recommend this place, just made me feel like I was back home, it is just amazing. The rest of my table were all kiwis and they loved their meals. I definitely recommend you all to give it a try and see for yourself how friendly and tasty this place is.

1 Thank Bruno M
Port Hedland, Australia
“Good Brazilian / Contempory food, Excellent Service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was travelling through Blenheim with my husband and was recommended to visit this restaurant by our wine tour guide.

Service... amazing, very attentive, helpful staff.

Atmosphere... Gastro pub style, friendly staff, neutral lighting.

Food... expected a little more of a Brazilian theme, I ordered the potato croquettes with spicy chilli jam and prawns with butternut pumpkin and coconut with rice and salad, not as much heat as expected in the prawns but both were still delicious and very generous servings (at least 8-10 prawns)... Husband ordered spicy beefy stew with potato and melted cheese, (amazing), followed by pork rib stew with fresh orange, rice and beans, good but again needed a little more heat maybe that's just our preference though.... Finished with a delicious deconstructed white choc and raspberry cheesecake which my husband ate (I had a little bite) as I was absolutely stuffed...

Overall, great service, good food, I would definitely recommend this restaurant. :o)