“Avoid”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Avoid”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Myself and my wife to be took some advice to visit the vineyard. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a major mistake. We where served by, we believe, one of the owners and were subject to a very rude individual. On asking questions regarding the vineyard, I received a response that showed the establishments true colours. I asked a simple question: what is the vineyards "famous" wine/grape. The response was that the area was obviously know for...
I will advise anyone that knows anything about wine to avoid as you will be instantly disliked (my wife's words) and spoken down too. The owner took an obvious dislike to myself and made it know. Extremely unprofessional. Avoid.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Magnus C

Blenheim, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Absolutely Wonderful Winery/Cafe”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Second time I have visited Rock Ferry.....believe me it is easy if you book if you want to dine then you wont be disappointed if they are busy (and they usually are). Very good cellar door experience and this followed through to the meal outside on the deck.

Great thing is the wines available at the cellar door are exactly the same price to diners...thats great to see. Very leisurely lunch with no pressure to hurry.

The meal portions were generous and the outside dining area is fantastic.

Well Done Rock Ferry !!!!!

Visited February 2013
Arlington, Virginia, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mouthwater lunch and delicious wine”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped here for a tasting after a morning in the Omaka Aviation Center and had to stay for lunch. Everything smelled so good we ended up sitting at a table basically in the tasting room, not even in the dining area (which was booked solid - so if you have the foresight it may be worth making a reservation) to eat there. I ordered a fish I'd never heard of and it was delicious. The fish was cooked perfect and the vegetable sides and sauces paired very well. Everything tasted very fresh.

The wine should not be overshadowed by the great food. We really enjoyed our tasting and the host was very knowledgeable. The first bottle of wine from New Zealand we opened when we got home was from Rock Ferry.

Visited January 2013
Renwick, Marlborough, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Delicious lunch with great service and lovely setting”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Open from late morning until 4.30pm so ideal for early or late lunch - really nice garden setting as well as lovely atmosphere inside. Welcoming staff, great little menu with gluten free options - I had the courgette, corn and spinach fritters - fresh, tasty and very moreish.
Really nice 'out of town' option - a little haven!

Visited January 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pleasant staff and a tasty meal that was good value for money made this a definite "must go back there' luncheon experience.
Also set in lovely grounds with a beautiful garden.

Visited September 2012