“Very nice talk, as well as good wines”
Review of Rock Ferry Wines

Rock Ferry Wines
Ranked #26 of 71 things to do in Blenheim
Reviewed August 12, 2012

What we really liked about Rock Ferry was not only the wines, but also the talk we had with Kate and Barbara. I can't quite believe it, but I promised to send them some wines from the USA for them to try, and do intend to do so.

All reviews
"knowledge"
"nz"
"wineries"

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ate here when it first opened and nearly left when I saw that no real vegetarian option on the menu (except breads and cheese platter) but decided to give it a go when the waitress said that they could make the noodle dish vegetarian ( ie without the chicken it was advertised with). when my food arrived the presentation was terrible and on looking through the pile of noodles slopped on the plate it took a while to locate the coriander and eggplant that was supposed to be present. I did persevere and try it quickly wishing I hadn't bothered as discovered it was a cold dish with no flavor. The service was so poor that I sat there whilst my husband finished his fish cakes (which he said were enjoyable) and not once did the waitress return to check on us. When we got up to pay and comment (as got fed up waiting for plates to be cleared or dessert to be offered) was shocked when I was then expected to pay for an unedible meal. Eventually after the waitress spoke to someone in the kitchen my meal was deducted from the bill but no visit from anyone from the kitchen to enquire about my concerns or apologize. Very poor customer service and plenty of other places to eat in Blenheim so have no intention returning.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Rock ferry is small but boutique, with a cellar door interior that won a recent award.
The wines are good but not quite in the same league yet as their bigger rivals nearby.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We called into Rock Ferry for lunch on the advice of a local, to find a very busy winery restaurant in a lovely garden setting. The friendly staff went out of their way to make us up a table and we were not dissappointed. We started off with a wine tasting the staff had a good knowledge of the wines and also helped us match up wines with our meals.
The steak sandwiches were a large meal and very tasty, the pork dish was excellent.
The deserts were to die for especially the brulee and pavlova. The wines were of a high standard especially the Pinot Gris.
Rock Ferry was a great find in Blenheim and would highly recommend for a relaxing lunch.