“Nice but don't pay for breakfast”

Quality Hotel Marlborough
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Nelson, New Zealand
“Nice but don't pay for breakfast”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and clean. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. I would have given them 5 out of 5 except we paid extra for breakfast. The details didn't say that it was only for continental and nor did the waitress tell us when we ordered the cooked meal. All the food was pretty poor. OK it didn't cost much but I would just rather have gone somehwere and had something nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
keepawake, Owner at Quality Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
thank you for your reveiw,we really do appriciate comments from our guests.We constantly strive to improve our service by giving our customers what they want.I was disapointed to see that you did not enjoy our breakfast,which we believe to be above what most other hotels offer for the price.Our guests tell us that they dislike paying high prices for average hotel breakfasts.Continental buffet breakfast is available for $15.95 which includes meats,cheeses fresh fruit and most cereals while cooked breakfasts are ordered seperately with an additional $9 charge.While we do appriciate your comments on this media it is hard for us to make improvements to our service if our guests do not tell us exactly what they would like improved.However with the limited information you have left us we will take this on board and look at what extra we can offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Kerry and Lee, thanks so much for you great hospitality, you dont' know how much it was appreciated. Your facility is very lovely but not topped by your gracious care of your guests.

Kindest Regards,
Sue Beernink
Hendry Premium Imports, Inc.
Crystal Lake, IL 6014

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
keepawake, Public Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hi Sue.
thank you for your kind comments.It was a pleasure being able to help you out of predicament.We enjoyed your company and look forward to your return whenever that may be.
Mississauga
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Arrived fairly late in the day in Blenheim. Of course every Hotel/Motel we phoned was booked. Luckily when we phoned the quality Hotel in Marlborough - they had a room! Comfortable, clean, with a fridge!
Reception was welcoming and I'd recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We did not take too long to meet all the family - Mum and Dad; Son and Daughter-in-Law; Grand-children and the dog. Just a friendly family run, small hotel (only 29 rooms) just on the edge of Blenheim in Marlborough.

Breakfast was simple but adequate, Dinner was more extensive, and large serves. bar service was very good.

Overall, the service was magnificent.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nelson
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Again I have returned to this Hotel. It is not my first visit. This time I met friends from Christchurch in Blenheim and I chose to stay at the Quality Hotel Marlborough as I am very comfortable here and know I will be very well catered for.
The Marlborough Wine and Food Festival was the reason for my trip to Blenheim as well as having quality time with old friends.
The Hotel was as usual busy with many guests but this did not alter the attention given by the staff.
My room was as usual impeccable, clean, and so comfy. Being a woman on my own the other consideration when staying away from home is feeling safe and secure. This I certainly do feel when I stay at this Hotel.
The weather over this weekend was very hot but the Hotel itself is kept at a lovely temperature plus they have a gorgeous pool.
I did not try the restaurant but did glance at the menu in the Compendium. If I had not have had meals arranged with friends elsewhere I would certainly have tried the food as it read and sounded very good.
Thank you to all here and I look forward to staying with you again if the oppurtunity presents for me to visit Blenheim in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

While uninspiring this place does have certain charms, a nice pool area and bar among them. Our room was very dark looking out onto an overgrown inner courtyard which made for a depressing feel. Bathrooms were good. Breakfasts were good-ish and served by a delightful lady but the dinner we had was pretty poor - dreadful, cold onion soup and a shrimp cocktail which used the nastiest type of frozen prawns. Even the waitress was embarrassed as we had asked if the prawns were fresh and she had checked with the kitchen before we ordered. The steak main course was not as described on the menu. Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
keepawake, Owner at Quality Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.Im sorry that the courtyard garden had not been trimmed before your stay,our gardner had it on his list to do before he broke his leg but we are pleased to say it was done last week and now looks fabulous.
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your meal in the restaurant,in fact we are so confident of our standards that we offer a full refund if not completey happy.We have changed our menu recently so we can concentrate on a menu featuring fresh local produce.I would be gratefull if you could contact me so we can show you that we truly believe in customer service.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I had an awesome stay at this hotel during December.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering us information on what is available to do in the area, as it was our first time visiting Marlborough.
The food in their Restuarant is top Quality.
The rooms were very clean...my partner always checks for this anywhere we stay.
We would definetily stay here again and will recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple