“Superior service & a handy location”

Knightsbridge Court Motor Lodge
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Superior service & a handy location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

I have stayed at the Knightsbridge for work - three times a year for the past 10 years. I am also the one who organises about 12 people to stay each time. I am often changing my bookings (sometimes at short notice) and Jodie and her team are extremely efficient and understanding about this. Nothing is ever a problem and myself and the rest of the team, who stay throughout the South Island for work, consider the Knightsbridge one of the best places to stay. Always a pleasure - thanks : )

Ps Having the Supermarket & Shopping Centre across the road is very handy too for those who are on the road working.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kjs72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I'm really disappointed to give such a poor sleep rating because in all other aspects, this is a nice motel... the rooms are comfortable and immaculately clean, beds are comfortable, staff friendly, only 2 mins drive to main town centre and there's some nice touches, like the local Nelson Tomato magazines.

What's annoyed me is the NOISE! I booked a 2 bedroom unit as I'm travelling with a friend for a change and our unit is upstairs on the roadsided. The trucks started rumbling by at 5am and woke me every half an hour until at 7am I gave up trying to sleep. Also woke my friend a few times and she was looking forward to a lie-in having got a night away from her toddler. Also, the bedheads are right under Roman blinds so the light comes in as soon as the sun is up and hits you in the face.
Overall, lovely place but ruined by the early morning traffic noise and light so sad to say I won't be staying again. Given the proximity of the road to the motel, I doubt the other rooms would be exempt from the noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Christchurch NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I have stayed here a number of times in recent years, usually when traveling through.

It has an easy to get to kind of location, I can get a spa bath type unit with a good little kitchen, because I am partial to a bath and like to prepare my own food more often than not.

It's on a main road but is relatively quiet, though to be honest this is not where I would stay if on holiday (mind you, I can't imagine going to Blenheim for a holiday anyway !)

I find the management to be exceptionally helpful and efficient, nothing is a problem, everything just seems to happen, just the way I like it.

They use Zenbu wifi internet which I find to easy to use, fast, efficient and economical.

The only criticism I would have is there is no complimentary Blenheim wine in the fridge (but then why would there be ???)

So stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at the Knightsbridge Court for 4 nights while attending a conference. The Relief Manager - Graham - could not have been more welcoming or more hospitable - he certainly went the xtra mile for guests. The room itself was extremely clean and tidy and large and although on a busy road, we heard no road noise. Would definitely stay there again. Would also check out where Graham is relieving and stay there! A nicer manager you couldn't find.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed here 2 nights with our 2 daughters and highly recommend Knightsbridge Court Motor Lodge. The 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in was large, comfortable and very well maintained - although the kitchen was a little small. The location, next to a noisy road is also a little unfortunate, though there was little noise at night and we had no trouble sleeping. The location was not scenic - across the road from a shopping centre and surrounded by houses and warehouses. However, this is the road that leads straight to the wineries, so it's well placed to go wine tasting.
The best thing about the lodge was the hosts - extremely helpful, caring and full of great advice on where to eat and taste.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

I had a lovely 2 night stay at the Knightsbridge Court Motor Lodge. Tired after a busy day in Nelson I drove to Blenheim. I was warmly welcomed by the very helpful on site manageress, and shown to my studio unit, which had recently been refurbished to a very high standard. The unit was immaculatey presented, and a good size. I found the unit nice and quiet even though the property was full. It is situated opposite a good supermarket and coffee shop, and about one minutes drive from the main shopping area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Darwin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

My family, friends and I stayed at the Knightsbridge Court Motel for 5 days before my wedding and 2 nights after. It was a great meeting point for my guests that were all arriving to Blenheim from overseas. The staff was so helpful with all the mad final planning before our wedding, giving advice on local amenities and places of interest for my guests. They were a fantastic help taking numerous call and messages from florists, hairdressers etc. We all had a great stay in the clean, comfortable units that were very reasonably priced. We would definatly stay again on our next visit to Blenheim.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family