“A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU”

ASURE Sundowner Motel
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Blenheim
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was given a warm welcome at Sundowner where I have stayed once previously. I don't drive but the Springlands shops are just across the road, with Blenheim central only a 15 minute walk away. I specifically needed to be in the Springlands area as I was visiting a friend locally who was having an 80th birthday. The unit was very clean and comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for Doug and Dorothy. I just wish I had taken my swimming things so I could have used the lovely pool. Anyone with a car will find the Sundowner an ideal place to stay whilst visiting many of the beautiful local wineries. I would happily return to this motel next time I am in Blenheim.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Sundowner_9, Owner at ASURE Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our ASURE Sundowner Motel complex. It was a pleasure having you stay with us again and we look forward to hosting you again next time you are in Blenheim. Best wishes for a busy season in the UK.

There are newer reviews for ASURE Sundowner Motel

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Doug was helpful. pool was geat. Room was o.k Was spolied though as I inadvertently left some alcohol in the fridge when I checked out. I phoned that afternoon to be told it had been given away. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sundowner_9, Owner at ASURE Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Part bottles of alcohol are left in motels on a regular basis and we at the ASURE Sundowner Motel discard these after the guest has departed. I acknowledge the fact that your wife rang in the afternoon of the day of departure, even though not one of the guests, but the unit had already been cleaned and the alcohol dispensed with. I did offer to reimbuse the guest for the half bottle left and at that stage I was told not to worry about it. I also mentioned that the son has left some earphones and was told not to worry about those either as they would be buying the son a new set. I have subsequently, by email, offered again to reimburse the half bottle left behind but have had no response.
We are sorry that the guest found the need to make an issue out of a half bottle of alcohol but do wish them well for the future.

Regards Doug

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Last time we were in Blenheim, we stayed in the centre of town and didn't enjoy it so this time chose a motel based on Trip Advisor reviews. Springlands is close to the expansive and beautiful Pollard Park and the Marlborough Tennis Club. The motel itself is directly opposite a small but purposeful shopping centre which includes a Countdown supermarket, pharmacy and cafe in the garden centre. Just perfect. We had a one bedroom unit which contained two king beds - one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. These were very comfortable - unusual from my motel experiences. There was a generous sized dining table and sufficient cooking facilities. Everything was clean and well maintained. My daughter loved the pool as it was always hot during our 5day stay. Welcoming and friendly hosts.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Sundowner_9, Owner at ASURE Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to review our property. Well Done on the tennis win. We are glad you enjoyed the pool which has been well used over the hot summer days. We look forward to you visiting again when next in Blenheim. Kind regards Dorothy & Doug

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Doug and Dorothy could not possibly be more helpful, this is the second time I've stayed here and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else in Blenheim to stay. The room is always clean and facilities whilst modest are comfortable and well equipped. This time we stayed over the new year period but we decided to go to Wellington for 1 night before coming back to the motel for a few more nights. They were more than helpful with minding our bags and some of our food, even placed them back in our room for us before we got back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sundowner_9, Owner at ASURE Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review ASURE Sundowner Motel and it was a pleasure to have you stay once again.
Enjoy your year ahead.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Sundowner - as in other Asure motels of our experience- is a spacious,comfortable and well appointed accommodation. The standard of cleanliness can not be bettered and the hosts are very friendly and welcoming. There is a supermarket and other shops/takeaways across the road whilst the town centre of Blenheim is just a few minutes drive away. This motel is thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwibear_12
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Found this a great base for visiting Blenheim. Close to the airport. Great little shopping centre across the road with a lovely cafe. Lovely walks around the area. Short car drive to some nice takeaway shops and not too far from town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

As first time guests we were well and truly impressed by the friendly welcome we received when checking in. A quick tour of our unit and we had no questions at all. Very helpful hosts even set up a cot for my daughter. My friend and I, along with my 1 year old daughter stayed in the 1 bedroom spa unit with 2 king size beds. we were thoroughly impressed with the spa, and are glad we chose this unit purely on the spa itself. THE BEST spa in a motel ever! Plenty of hot water to fill the spa and extremly relaxing! I would recommend staying at the sundowner motel to anyone. Thanks very much for the stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Sundowner_9, Owner at ASURE Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Khloe and Family - appreciate the time you've spent reviewing ASURE Sundowner Motel. Really appreciate your effort and your feedback and look forward to seeing you again when next you're in Blenheim.