“Would go again”

Description: Tel: 03 5794496
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Would go again”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lovely meal and would go again neat staff plenty of parking and the street was nice and quiet if visiting this town Countdown Supermarket was across the road.

• Visited October 2012

Blenheim, New Zealand
“Rude service, average food”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

On several occasions things have gone wrong with my meal. First time was ordering a vegetarian pad thai and biting into what seemed like meat, i returned the meal and the waiter was not impressed he was saying it was just burnt garlic did not taste at all of garlic or burn, he did not apologise or bring me a new meal, still having to pay! Not good vibes and the place is dirty only upside is it is the cheapest asian restaurant in blenheim!

Visited October 2011
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Have enjoyed the meals I have had at Poppy Thai although the ambience in the restaurant is a little lacking more fast food than fine dining. That said, the food is tasty and good value for money and the service is friendly and efficient. Wouldn't recommend for a romantic night out but worth a visit if you like Thai food.

Visited May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good Thai flavor, service probably not the Thai authentic style I prefer”
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ordered take away and came here even though we haven't heard good things about the chch branches. Overall the service from the front counter didn't come with a smile or that usual friendly bow and frienfliness we've received at other Thai restaurants. We also had an entertainment book voucher discount which I had to question after payment. I said it didn't seem like 25% ($3 off $47 meal) and she pointed to the receipt adamant that was the correct discount. Anyway, after I showed her my calculation she came to her senses and redid the calculation by hand (not by her till)! The food was plentiful and we had lots of prawns in our Tom yum, the curry was thick and delicious, so the food is fine but would think twice dining in as the service just didn't seem that great!

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Hearty feed for hungry travellers”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Prompt service, and good, flavoursome Thai food. We had four different dishes and some spring rolls. Cost us $84 for hungry guys, and we all left very content.

Visited May 2012