Explore Marlborough Wine Tours

from $99.39
from $270.74
from $82.25
More Info
All reviews bike tour marlborough wine tours quality bikes mahi self guided great fun new zealand great guide own pace highly recommend this company knowledgeable guide great lunch marlborough area half day tour end of the day cellar door cloudy bay
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

As non-bikers, when our travel agent originally suggested this excursion we were a little apprehensive about drinking wine all day and going on a strenuous bike ride. We needn't have worried.

This bike tour is all on flat ground in the valley. There were no hills to contend with and our guide Basil(sp?) rode at such a nice pace that we were able to enjoy the area while stopping every once in awhile to sample some excellent wines. He also did an outstanding job of stopping in the vineyards and describing the grapes and the different processes used by some of the wineries in their production..

This is a great way to experience some of the wineries in this region.

We would highly recommend this company!

Date of experience: March 2017
Karen W, Owner at Explore Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hi
Thanks for the review and the great summary of the tour. The biking is definitely more about a nice way to travel between the wineries rather than a hard core bike ride. Glad you enjoyed the day with us as I know Basil enjoyed his day out with you.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We spent a 1/2 day touring the wine country with Andy. He was absolutely amazing - probably one of the best tours that we have ever experienced. We were picked up right by the cruise ship terminal and taken out to five different wineries. Andy's knowledge of the region and the wine industry was great. He knew people at each of the wineries and so our tour became very customized to our taste. He also took us to see some of the scenery in the area and helped us to understand the history of the industry. I cannot say enough about the quality of this tour. It was absolutely the BEST DAY ever!!!

Hi Anne

Thanks so much for the review. I have just started to send Andy out on tour so thanks for giving the day with him such a great review. I know he really enjoyed meeting you both and spending the day with you. I hope the rest of your cruise went well.

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Organized as part of our Wine Experience stay at the Herzog estate Karen gave us a great half day tour. My wife is not a great Sauvignon Blanc fan (thankfully not total sacrilege) so it was fascinating to see what 4 wineries were doing with alternative white grapes like Riesling, Chardonnay, gewurtztraminer and Pinot noir.
Karen was a great guide and very knowledgeable, but it was also great to see her buying some bottles too.
I would thoroughly recommend this company to provide a really great tour. Ours was by vehicle, but I believe the majority of Karen's tours are by bike which I think if I was physically able, would be a great way to see the wineries.

Date of experience: March 2017
Karen W, Owner at Explore Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the review. It was lovely to meet you both and spend the afternoon with you. Hope the rest of your trip went well.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

We were picked up on time from Picton and taken to the start of our guided biking wine tour near Blenheim.
What fun we had cycling through the vineyards and sampling many different wines at 4 cellars.
Our guide was very informative and made sure everyone was ok on the bikes.
Highly recommend doing this.

Hi

Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the day. Thanks for choosing to tour with us!

Reviewed March 2, 2017

We had a great experience with Lucy, our biking wine guide. We were booked for a full day outing, that included lunch at one of the wineries. It was just myself, my husband and our guide, which made our experience more personable. Lucy was fun, professional and very knowledgeable about the local wines and vineyards. She took us to some smaller boutique wineries which we enjoyed. Lucy knew the history of the area and shared a great deal with us about each vineyard while we biked to the next stop. It was a cooler, overcast day but that didn't stop us from having the best day with Explore Marlborough Wines! We would definitely recommend a biking tour with them!

Date of experience: February 2017

Hi
Thanks for the great review. I have forwarded it onto Lucy. Next time you visit we will try and arrange some sunshine.