Open today: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Explore Marlborough Wine Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Explore Marlborough Wine Tours
from $102.00
from $31.70
from $263.90
from $84.50
More Info
All reviews bike tour marlborough wine tours flat terrain new zealand blue skies guide andy quality bikes great fun mahi olive trees self guided taking photos great guide in great shape fabulous lunch enjoyable trip pick up and drop
Reviewed March 31, 2017

We spent a 1/2 day touring the wine country with Andy. He was absolutely amazing - probably one of the best tours that we have ever experienced. We were picked up right by the cruise ship terminal and taken out to five different wineries. Andy's knowledge of the region and the wine industry was great. He knew people at each of the wineries and so our tour became very customized to our taste. He also took us to see some of the scenery in the area and helped us to understand the history of the industry. I cannot say enough about the quality of this tour. It was absolutely the BEST DAY ever!!!

Date of experience: March 2017
Karen W, Owner at Explore Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hi Anne

Thanks so much for the review. I have just started to send Andy out on tour so thanks for giving the day with him such a great review. I know he really enjoyed meeting you both and spending the day with you. I hope the rest of your cruise went well.

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Organized as part of our Wine Experience stay at the Herzog estate Karen gave us a great half day tour. My wife is not a great Sauvignon Blanc fan (thankfully not total sacrilege) so it was fascinating to see what 4 wineries were doing with alternative white grapes like Riesling, Chardonnay, gewurtztraminer and Pinot noir.
Karen was a great guide and very knowledgeable, but it was also great to see her buying some bottles too.
I would thoroughly recommend this company to provide a really great tour. Ours was by vehicle, but I believe the majority of Karen's tours are by bike which I think if I was physically able, would be a great way to see the wineries.

Date of experience: March 2017
Karen W, Owner at Explore Marlborough Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the review. It was lovely to meet you both and spend the afternoon with you. Hope the rest of your trip went well.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

We were picked up on time from Picton and taken to the start of our guided biking wine tour near Blenheim.
What fun we had cycling through the vineyards and sampling many different wines at 4 cellars.
Our guide was very informative and made sure everyone was ok on the bikes.
Highly recommend doing this.

Hi

Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the day. Thanks for choosing to tour with us!

Reviewed March 2, 2017

We had a great experience with Lucy, our biking wine guide. We were booked for a full day outing, that included lunch at one of the wineries. It was just myself, my husband and our guide, which made our experience more personable. Lucy was fun, professional and very knowledgeable about the local wines and vineyards. She took us to some smaller boutique wineries which we enjoyed. Lucy knew the history of the area and shared a great deal with us about each vineyard while we biked to the next stop. It was a cooler, overcast day but that didn't stop us from having the best day with Explore Marlborough Wines! We would definitely recommend a biking tour with them!

Date of experience: February 2017

Hi
Thanks for the great review. I have forwarded it onto Lucy. Next time you visit we will try and arrange some sunshine.

Reviewed February 24, 2017

All perfect timing. Bikes in good condition, comfortable and easy to adjust. Great location as surrounded by vineyards and no real hills so works well for lapsed cyclists. Done as a very small group so never lost the personal touch. Fitted in 4 tastings and a lovely lunch stop. Also Karen shared lots of wine and local knowledge. Thank you.

Date of experience: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated !