“Well above expectations!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went with friends just after Christmas and considering the location didn't expect much. However, this is a fabulous restaurant!!! Service was mint from the start accommodating a table for six and orders taken swiftly. We had mainly Thai food and it was superb, produce was fresh (seafood in particular), pad kapaow, pad Thai, yam thalay, all great! Can particularly recommend the spring roll starter. Our friends eluded this place hasn't been busy since opening and I cannot see why. Would recommend doing BYO though. All in this is a fantastic restaurant and I recommend it based on the lovely food and friendly service!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Is a common complaint about Asian restaurants in Australia and New Zealand, but the food was incredibly salty for our taste. Service was also a tad slow.

1  Thank Max629
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Four of us went to dinner here on the strength of previous Trip Advisor good comments. We were all extremely disappointed as the food was bland and minimal [vegetable dish mainly comprised of thinly sliced carrot and onion and as it was our spring season fresh greens are readily available].

No wow with any of the dishes and all felt we would have been better to have brought fast food takeaways [better value for money than the food we got served].

Never again

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here after a wine tour so we were pretty hungry!
We started off sharing the wontons and chicken satay, both of which were excellent.... Not too oily like both wontons and satay can be.
For my main I had their Thai Green Curry - medium hot. I can honestly say it's the best green curry and perhaps the best curry I have ever tasted. The intensity of the heat balanced with the creamy lemongrass and coconut was perfect. I finished it all... Completely stuffed but very happy.
My wife had Chicken with sweet bean sauce and peanut. A huge portion but again, wonderfully fresh crunchy vegetables and delicious curry.
All topped off with a beer each it came to $63 which for what we got was great value.
Thoroughly recommended!
The only downer was the atmosphere.... It was quiet there so that's probably why. The staff were friendly and attentive too!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a delicious Thai meal at Chi Chi about 3 weeks ago. The seafood dish I had was very tasty and everyone else was very pleased with what they had ordered.
Served quickly by a very pleasant waitress. We will definitely go there again.