“Sensational”

de Burgh's Bistro @ Hotel d'Urville
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: de Burgh's Bistro at Hotel d'Urville has an excellent reputation for serving great food made with local produces and featuring the best of Marlborough wines on their extensive wine list.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of dining at Hotel d'Urville. My compliments to the chef and staff for our wonderful fine dining experience. The food was exquisite and the ambience delightful. Thank you for making our special occasion so memorable.

1  Thank Christine D

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a Sunday evening in Blenheim and wanted to treat ourselves and decided on hotel d'urville based on recommendations. We had the taster starters which were lovely and fillet steak for mains, again very nice. What lacked was the service. When paying fine dining prices I expect fine dining service but we received erratic service quality. The service started well but tailed off quickly which coincided with a change in waiter. Not sure if the guy was training or not but I had to remind the waiter of our wine order whilst our main had arrived. Manners were lacking too, not rude just not polite and courteous. It's a shame as the food and ambience were good. Next time we will try somewhere else.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Ate here early and the menu selections appealed. The fixed price was attractive (only $7-8 more for 3 courses than for a main on the a la carte menu.very pleasant service.

2  Thank Alison W
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Hotel D'Urville has a great ambiance, excellent service and well presented tasty food. But...! The Bruschetta entree was served with rancid olive oil! I guess as an olive oil producer I have a bit of a thing about this, but this hotel is in one of the original olive oil producing areas of NZ. I won't name the brand of oil served but it had no production date and no certification. Tut tut. It undermined an otherwise excellent restaurant. Having had my grouch, as a visitor to Blenheim, this would still be one of my first choice of places to eat well.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our party of 10 were greeted in a relaxed welcoming manner. Orders taken, drinks, nibbles and entree's all arrived promptly. All our main dishes arrived at the same time. Every single dish was a work of food art, and of stunning quality, totally delicious. I would recommend d'Durville's to anyone wanting a fine dining experience whilst in Blenheim