“Always Awesome!!”

Highlight Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 42 Food & Drink in Blenheim
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been to her tour twice already and the organiser Collen is always just awesome! I'm not native speaker but Collen often came to me and re-phased me if I couldn't get explaination in a first place. So I would definitely recommend Highlight Wine Tours to people who are not English speakers. You can request wineries you want to go and Collen picks one or two from your choice.
The only drawback was that I was taken to the same place for lunch:-(
Otherwise, it's the best choice to go around the most amazing place, Blenheim.

All reviews
"another couple"
in 13 reviews
"went out of her way"
in 12 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"great knowledge"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Coming from the UK, I'm somewhat wary of effusive reviews. In this case however, they are very much warranted. A pick-up from the Picton train, a great afternoon at assorted wineries and the Moa brewery, a drop-off at the hotel plus local info, food and pub recommendations; nothing was too much trouble for the exceptionally personable Colleen.
Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank H_ranunculoides
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have just got back from a Highlight tour of the wineries around Blenheim and the first thing I've done (actually the second, after pouring a beautiful glass of Dry Riesling for myself), is to log on and write a review about today. For those of you who can't be bothered reading a huge review....look no further, if you are coming to Blenheim, book a wine tour with Highlight. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! I booked based on the recommendation of the Top 10 campsite where me and my campervan have had a great stay. They were right. Go for the full day - starts around 10.00 am - you won't regret it. Dave, my guide, picked me up from the site bang on time. What I loved about him immediately was that he asked me if there was any specific winery I wanted to visit....the day immediately felt tailored to me. It was a small group, 7 of us in total, but absolutely perfect. To be honest, I've lost count of the number of wineries we visited during the day....I'm guessing about 7/8.....but what was absolutely clear is that Dave and Highlight are loved by the wineries. We had a great mix - small family holdings to the megavinapolis of Cloudy Bay. Every one was special in its own way - absolutely no pressure to buy stuff, but all were friendly and very welcoming. Throughout the day, Dave was absolutely part of the group and made sure we all got from the day what we wanted. His knowledge of the region is really impressive but not over powering. The Rough Guide rates Highlight very highly and refers to it as 'low key' - a perfect description but don't be underawed - this is what great tourism is! Thanks for a brilliant day, Dave, and I hope this helps anyone planning a trip to this this beautiful country and region.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a fantastic day out at the Marlborough vineyards. Colleen was an excellent tour guide, her knowledge of the wine region is amazing. Lunch at Wairau River Wines was incredible. Thanks Colleen for an amazing day out! Highly recommended to anyone thinking of visiting the Marlborough region.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

If you're thinking of touring the vineyards on your own, you will be cheating yourself of a fantastic day.

Colleen collected us and another couple from the Blenheim Top10, then it was off to get another couple from a motel along the way. Her greeting was warm and enthusiastic, so we were immediately put at ease. Colleen makes sure that there is interaction between everyone, so we are introduced to each other as each new person gets on-board, which makes the trip even more enjoyable. We had a few people joining the trip part way through the trip and they were quickly included in the group (although I'd recommend doing the full day if possible). During the day, which passed very quickly, we managed 7 wineries and the Makana Chocolate Factory. The pace is relaxed and tailored to suit the mood of the whole group. Favourites for us were Rock Ferry and No. 1 Family Estate where both ladies running the tastings knew their product, felt like they were part of the winery's extended family and obviously enjoyed their job.

A fantastic day and not to be missed.