“Highlight wine tours”

Highlight Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 42 Food & Drink in Blenheim
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Coming from the UK, I'm somewhat wary of effusive reviews. In this case however, they are very much warranted. A pick-up from the Picton train, a great afternoon at assorted wineries and the Moa brewery, a drop-off at the hotel plus local info, food and pub recommendations; nothing was too much trouble for the exceptionally personable Colleen.
Thoroughly recommended.

"another couple"
in 13 reviews
"went out of her way"
in 12 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"great knowledge"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have just got back from a Highlight tour of the wineries around Blenheim and the first thing I've done (actually the second, after pouring a beautiful glass of Dry Riesling for myself), is to log on and write a review about today. For those of you who can't be bothered reading a huge review....look no further, if you are coming to Blenheim, book a wine tour with Highlight. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! I booked based on the recommendation of the Top 10 campsite where me and my campervan have had a great stay. They were right. Go for the full day - starts around 10.00 am - you won't regret it. Dave, my guide, picked me up from the site bang on time. What I loved about him immediately was that he asked me if there was any specific winery I wanted to visit....the day immediately felt tailored to me. It was a small group, 7 of us in total, but absolutely perfect. To be honest, I've lost count of the number of wineries we visited during the day....I'm guessing about 7/8.....but what was absolutely clear is that Dave and Highlight are loved by the wineries. We had a great mix - small family holdings to the megavinapolis of Cloudy Bay. Every one was special in its own way - absolutely no pressure to buy stuff, but all were friendly and very welcoming. Throughout the day, Dave was absolutely part of the group and made sure we all got from the day what we wanted. His knowledge of the region is really impressive but not over powering. The Rough Guide rates Highlight very highly and refers to it as 'low key' - a perfect description but don't be underawed - this is what great tourism is! Thanks for a brilliant day, Dave, and I hope this helps anyone planning a trip to this this beautiful country and region.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a fantastic day out at the Marlborough vineyards. Colleen was an excellent tour guide, her knowledge of the wine region is amazing. Lunch at Wairau River Wines was incredible. Thanks Colleen for an amazing day out! Highly recommended to anyone thinking of visiting the Marlborough region.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

If you're thinking of touring the vineyards on your own, you will be cheating yourself of a fantastic day.

Colleen collected us and another couple from the Blenheim Top10, then it was off to get another couple from a motel along the way. Her greeting was warm and enthusiastic, so we were immediately put at ease. Colleen makes sure that there is interaction between everyone, so we are introduced to each other as each new person gets on-board, which makes the trip even more enjoyable. We had a few people joining the trip part way through the trip and they were quickly included in the group (although I'd recommend doing the full day if possible). During the day, which passed very quickly, we managed 7 wineries and the Makana Chocolate Factory. The pace is relaxed and tailored to suit the mood of the whole group. Favourites for us were Rock Ferry and No. 1 Family Estate where both ladies running the tastings knew their product, felt like they were part of the winery's extended family and obviously enjoyed their job.

A fantastic day and not to be missed.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I did this tour. The company has reasonably priced half day or full day options. We had lunch at a wonderful winery and still had time to do tastings at 5-6 vineyards. Colleen and David are super sweet and accommodating. Colleen makes sure to spend time with each guest to make sure they are enjoying themselves. Not only is she knowledgable but she is endearingly sweet and hilariously funny!
The area is beautiful and is best experienced by sampling as many vineyards as possible. The tour takes you to large and small places - all with wine to suit any tastes. The tour picked us up at out hotel which was convenient and kept us from having to drink and drive at all. Also, not only did they make a I'd ner suggestion, they took the next step of making a reservation for our group and dropping us off there to ensure we found it without any trouble. The tour itself generally doesn't have more than 12 people so you can still feel as if you are having a personal wine experience at each vineyard.

Pleas consider Highlight Wine Tours when visiting Blenheim. They will do their best to make it a day you will remember.

2  Thank Rrogoff