“Recommend the Reuben”

Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saveur sits on the banks of the Taylor River in Blenheim, right in the heart of the Marlborough Wine region. We are open seven days a week from 7.30am for brunch and dinner. We welcome group dining, with a private mezzanine dining area and a range of set menus for larger groups are available. We have an onsite patisserie, Le Delice which serves a delicious range of cakes and pastries made by our pastry chef, and serves take away coffee for those on the run
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I came in for a light lunch but couldn't go past the Reuben sandwich. Very generous portion!! The bread was amazing and the sauerkraut was delicious! Service was good as always and although I couldn't finish my lunch was a great experience

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The thing I love most about Raupo's is that it is very family friendly, yet still classy. Chldren are always greeted and treated nicely, and the afe advocates breastfeeding. It is nice to go to a place with your children which is relaxing and still classy; not just noisy cafes with simple chairs and furniture. My critique on this cafe is that if a customer orders dairy free waffles, it is not smart to put a big slice of butter on top of it.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went for coffee. There are new owners but the place looks relatively the same. They have replaced the low bucket type chairs which is good but I think the staff need a smarter uniform or nice printed black tee shirts as their white shirts look a bit grey!
Staff are friendly and my Moccha was hot, the way I like it. Extra bonus is the spicy biscuit you get with a coffee. Great view out the window and we were lucky to have a table by the fire.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

What's the unwritten rule? Never order the "Chef's Special" - it is stuff that's nearly expired and the chef has made up a dish to get rid of it before he has to throw it out! I dined at Raupo a few nights ago and ordered a starter of marinated olives and mushrooms which was quite nice, although somewhat startlingly, it was served hot. But it turned out quite well once I got used to it. But I got sucked in and ordered the Chef's Special which was touted as "Coq Au Vin", something I haven't had for a long time and the idea of it appealed. Sadly, it was unlike any coq au vin I've ever had before and chicken stew would have been a more appropriate description. The chicken comprised several chunks of old, dry, stringy and chewy meat that seemed to be left over from some other dish, plus a larger piece that was quite tender and obviously freshly cooked. Added to make up the quantity, I suppose.
It was a shame really, as the place has a nice ambience and efficient service, although my complaint about the dish was treated with contempt and then ignored.
The a la carte menu looked quite interesting too, and if the "special" hadn't diverted my attention, I might have had quite a nice meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while on route up the coast, hungry for 11ses. At Raupō Riverside Café We enjoyed a tea and croissant. It was very enjoyable but it came with way too much butter - looked like 100g square which was provided with croissant. It does not detract from the enjoyable breakfast while looking at the great views.