“Platters extraordinaire”

Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Saveur sits on the banks of the Taylor River in Blenheim, right in the heart of the Marlborough Wine region. We are open seven days a week from 7.30am for brunch and dinner. We welcome group dining, with a private mezzanine dining area and a range of set menus for larger groups are available. We have an onsite patisserie, Le Delice which serves a delicious range of cakes and pastries made by our pastry chef, and serves take away coffee for those on the run
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Mum runs a B and B in Renwick and as a pre Xmas gesture offered a voucher by Raupo for referring guests a voucher including platter, bubbly and coffee for two. We attended mid afternoon as requested. The platter was the most amazing platter I have seen for a long time - chicken voluvonts, rare beef salad, salmon, pizza bread, array of cheeses and pâté, crackers etc - well done...I understand his is off their standard menu - we were chocker and couldn't even have dinner.
Well done Raupo ! Much appreciated.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to our group of 4, however did not meet our expectations. The food was average overall. My entree was the tart which was very nice but my main which was the risotto had little taste. The service was very poor with 4 waitstaff on the floor and not a full restaurant we thought they should have been a lot more attentive. At one time we actually felt like they had forgotten we were even there. Would recommend to go elsewhere.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Looks great from the outside and was suggested to us for a good bite to eat, but ultimately this place didn't meet our expectations. The service was poor at best. Our waiter had no personality nor did the woman who delivered our food. I ordered the filet which was good, but overcooked. I asked for it medium but it was somewhere between medium well and well done. I mentioned this to the waiter and he offered to take it back, but I declined. I mentioned it as a point of information but I'm not going to send food back unless it's way off mark. In the end though the meat wasn't prepared to my liking, it didn't taste bad. That said, I hoped mentioning this issue to the waiter might have meant better service, but that wasn't the case. We were basically ignored for several minutes after we asked for our check. Service at this restaurant was in stark contrast to the hospitality we received elsewhere in NZ.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

...but the visual impression promised more than we got in the end.
We had mussels and a lamb rump which were both delivered too cold. Besides that the taste and presentation of the food was very good.
The service was ok but considering that it was not full it could have been more attentive.
Blenheim for sure is a very small place and therefore it is a good place and certainly one of the best restaurants in town.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was in Blenheim on business and went for dinner at Raupo with some colleagues on a Tuesday night. First thing that hit me was that it was such a nice looking place, very modern no tacky theme and great location in Blenheim. Service excellent. Extensive wine list. Very good overall, everyone happy with their meals.