My wife and I stayed for two nights last week at Vintners Retreat. From the moment we arrived, everything about the property and our stay was perfect.
Our suite seemed to be brand new and was spacious, well appointed, and enjoyed wonderful views over neighbouring vineyards. It comprised a large living/dining area, bedroom with built in wardrobe, teraaces to front and rear, and perhaps the most spacious bathroom I have seen in a holiday suite.
All of the accommodation features were top quality with a lovely comfortable bed, good spec TV and DVD/hifi system. Some nice touches were the bottles of own label wine in the suite at a reasonable price (my pet hate is preposterous charging of "minibar" items).
Vintners Retreat has an excellent onsite restaurant, so good we ate there both nights. The menu was superb, both in terms of quality and cost, and the wine list, as you might expect, was both extensive and well priced.
Finally, if you want to visit vineyards, and realistically, if you are here, you will, then Vintners Retreat is the perfect location. Many household names are within walking/cycling distance, or if you can find designated driver, a few minutes by car. These include Montana, Cloudy Bay, & Villa Maria but you should try some of the lesser known vineyards that you probably won't have heard of in advance.
We left regretting only that we didn't have more time here. I would highly recommend Vintners Retreat to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by vineyards, MVH is on Rapaura Road in the heart of Sauvignon Blanc country, MVH is Famous for its use of Local Marlborough produce, wether that be Food or WineOnly an hour drive from Nelson and 25 minutes from Picton.MVH offers luxury Marlborough accommodation and activities for your next holiday, wine experience, weekend escape, boutique vineyard wedding or executive retreat.The Vintners Room Restaurant offers modern cuisine with a seasonl menu created to show case the best of Marlborough Produce some sourced locally and some grown in our own gardenOptions range from a sharing platteror a two course meal to a wine matched degustation dinner. Marlborough Vintners Hotel 16 Executive Vineyard Suites are furnished with luxury in mind and the spacious 71m2 will ensure that you have ample space to relax in during your stay. Each suite is complete with all the amenities and facilities you would expect from a 5 star rated property such as King size beds, Towelling Robes, a spacious bathroom with handmade amenities from a local supplier, DVD player, TV, a great range of complimentary DVDs , private patio and a small kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities. Complimentary Wi-FI is also available in your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Marlborough Vintners Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlborough Vintners
- Marlborough Vintners Hotel Blenheim, New Zealand