Our family of three spent 2 nights here at the beginning of a 10-day South Island trip. We usually prefer to stay in towns where we can walk to shops and restaurants, but upon arrival in Blenheim I was glad that we had chosen this beautiful, picturesque location. Although it was too rainy to bike, there are dozens of wineries within a 10-minute drive, and the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre was an unexpected gem. As the Blenheim/Renwick area is small and easy to navigate, it was a good practice ground for the more demanding left-sided driving later in our trip.
As others have mentioned, this hotel has much to recommend it: The location is beautiful, and the units are modern, spacious, and tastefully appointed. However, I wasn't quite as enchanted with the restaurant as other reviewers. The two dinners we ate there were nicely prepared with fresh ingredients, but not particularly inventive or memorable. Although located in a hotel, the menu suffers from a lack of moderately-priced options -- like a nice burger, hearty soup, or meal-sized salad -- that guests look for when taking refuge after a day of adventuring. Moreover, though we're small people, we found the portions too small to be satisfying, which at NZ prices is a bit of a bummer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by vineyards, MVH is on Rapaura Road in the heart of Sauvignon Blanc country, MVH is Famous for its use of Local Marlborough produce, wether that be Food or WineOnly an hour drive from Nelson and 25 minutes from Picton.MVH offers luxury Marlborough accommodation and activities for your next holiday, wine experience, weekend escape, boutique vineyard wedding or executive retreat.The Vintners Room Restaurant offers modern cuisine with a seasonl menu created to show case the best of Marlborough Produce some sourced locally and some grown in our own gardenOptions range from a sharing platteror a two course meal to a wine matched degustation dinner. Marlborough Vintners Hotel 16 Executive Vineyard Suites are furnished with luxury in mind and the spacious 71m2 will ensure that you have ample space to relax in during your stay. Each suite is complete with all the amenities and facilities you would expect from a 5 star rated property such as King size beds, Towelling Robes, a spacious bathroom with handmade amenities from a local supplier, DVD player, TV, a great range of complimentary DVDs , private patio and a small kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities. Complimentary Wi-FI is also available in your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marlborough Vintners Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlborough Vintners
- Marlborough Vintners Hotel Blenheim, New Zealand