“Not quite bubbly enough” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bubbly Grape Wine Tours

Bubbly Grape Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 39 Food & Drink in Blenheim
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us Drive You To Drink!! Join our small personal wine tour of fun with hosts as Effervescent as Champagne. Try the incredible wines of the world famous Marlborough Wine region in a safe and informative environment. We will pick you up from your accommodation in the area so no Drinking and Driving, where you can taste lots of types of wines from Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc through the aromatic's to the Pinot Noir's. Let us be the highlight of your New Zealand visit. We will "Drive You To Drink!" Look forward to hearing from you.
London, United Kingdom
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Not quite bubbly enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We thought we had booked a private tour but it turned out not so: although not a large party this was not quite as expected.

We were taken round several large and not especially interesting wineries, with mostly relatively unexceptional Sav Blancs and Rieslings. At lunchtime we were left rather to our own devices at a roadside produce and sourvenir mall: not unpleasant but not as nice as the quality winery lunch we were hoping for.

Our hostess seemed a little grumpy too: after one last winery she pitched us up back home just after 3pm, which didn't seem like a very full day.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank MacDaddyinSing
2bubble, Owner at Bubbly Grape Wine Tours, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Firstly I would like to thank everyone that has sent in a review for us. We very much appreciate it.
Overall they have been positive unfortunately except this one.

I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy the tour which I had adapted for your young family. When booked on the internet you had booked the wrong tour for the age group of your family so I was happy (as I hadn’t taken any payment of the tour) to adjust it for you and charge you half the price. I had booked you into a winery restaurant as per the type of tour you booked, however you asked me to change this for you as you were more after a platter for your young family. The place I then thought would suit your family had a nice outdoor area with play facilities for the children. It also had wine and liqueurs and fudge.

On a tour we go to places that are requested by our guests so I am sorry that you didn’t like the ones that we went to even though you did buy a volume of wine to be shipped home, which I arranged for you in my own time. Being that it was close to Christmas there is often a few wineries closed so I would have done the best for your group as I could.

This tour wasn’t booked as a private tour. And at the price, you wouldn’t expect it to be. There was only one other couple on the tour and they were happy to work around your requests. They said that they had a great tour and will pass our name on to others. Your group also appeared happy so I wasn’t to know you weren’t.
I did the tour to the length of time you requested on the day. Your young family had had enough and your wife was the one that said one more winery would be enough. It was near 4pm when we finished as we had others on the tour too.

I’m sorry if you thought I was grumpy. I definitely haven’t been called that before. It can be a long day for children, I even looked after them for you and emailed a photo of your daughter to you that I had taken. I try to please people on a tour as I enjoy doing them, that’s why I starting up this tour company, so I am sorry in this case you weren’t happy.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Best wine tour ever! World class wine, lovely bubbly host and great memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Thank you Kerry for the best wine tour ever! We had a wonderful afternoon exploring 4 wineries plus the chocholate factory! It was a rainy day so we were a bit histant to go out exploring but the tour surpassed our expectations and came home wanting to stay in this beautiful Blenheim town longer! Highly reccommenended tour and Kerry's bubbly personality and knowledge of the area and wines made it for a great afternoon!

Visited August 2012
Tauranga, New Zealand
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The best way to spend an afternoon in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip. Kerry was a fantastic, fun, and knowledgeable guide. The wineries she took us to were amazing and diverse.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank SG4FC
Christchurch, New Zealand
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very friendly tour host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thanks Kerry for a lovely trip around the vineyards of Marlborough. You give a friendly, chatty tour and have great connections with the vineyards. Recommend this tour to anyone thinking of picking a tour for the region, Kerry has a lovely new van as well.

Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and Casual Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had a great day touring in the Marlborough wine region with Bubbly Grape earlier this year. We were picked up in Picton and driven down to Blenheim in the Bubbly Grape van. The driver/guide was very personable and provided fun and relaxed perspective throughout the tour. The group was fairly small, which made it easy for the guide to adjust the itinerary on the fly to suit our individual preferences. Highly recommend them for a day of wine touring!

Visited January 2012