“Fantastic!”
Review of Wine Tours By Bike

Wine Tours By Bike
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "This will possibly be the most fun you will ever have on a bike" The beautiful thing about Renwicks' cellar doors is that not only are they so incredibly close to us, and each other (the first one is literally 2 minutes from our front gate), but biking around them is really easy, even for those who haven't been on a bike for ages :-) We have a number of bike paths and quiet roads to ride on, you don't need to book an appointment ahead of time to do a tasting session with them like you do in other countries, and the cellar door teams are happy to answer any questions you may have about growing wine in Marlborough and also the wine they have on offer at the cellar door. You have the complete freedom to choose for yourselves which of the 17+ cellar doors you would like to visit and we are on hand to help you decide who they will be based on what wines you like, how far you are happy to bike and where you fancy stopping for lunch. Your time on the bikes is self-guided/unguided because we want you to be able to just take it easy, go at your own pace, visit to each cellar door for as long or as short as you want without feeling under pressure to keep up with anyone else who may be starting at the same time as you. If you need us at all whilst you are out on the bikes, we are but a phone call away - as we have a full emergency backup service in place at all times. We take our host responsibility very seriously and want you, as well as everyone else around you, to stay safe. This is why we like to offer you FREE PICKUP AND DROP-OFF from your accommodation and that way you don't have to worry about drink/driving or risk riding out from Blenheim on the busy state highway 100km/h roads. Our package includes - a choice of step-through retro cruiser bikes, including tandems and trikes with baskets on the front, hi-vis helmets, panniers that carry 4 wine bottles, a bottle of spring water, detailed winery map plus the full emergency backup service. For those with families we have tow-alongs, trailers & child seats too if required (all free of charge). These are our pickup times, so that you don’t have to worry about drinking and driving:- Tour A Complimentary Pick-Up between 9.30am and 9.50am Briefing starts at 10.00am, tour ends at 3.15pm Drop-Off by 3.30pm Tour B Complimentary Pick-Up between 10.30am and 10.50am Briefing starts at 11.00am, tour ends at 4.15pm Drop-Off by 4.30pm Tour C Complimentary Pick-Up between 11.30am and 11.50am Briefing starts at 12.00pm, tour ends at 5.15pm Drop-Off by 5.30pm If you want to have some laughs and get the chance to sample some beautiful wine and food, just give us a call as we would love to help make it happen for you. Cheers Steve and Jo
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am studying abroad at Victoria University in Wellington for a semester, and decided to do a wine tour in Blenheim. I am so glad that my group of students chose this company. We were able to visit 6-7 wineries and the Moa brewery (everyone should check out Moa on their tour!)
At the end of the day, slightly intoxicated, I left my jacket at Nigel's place. He kindly shipped it back to Wellington for me. Nigel was friendly and helpful; definitely a day well-spent!
Be sure to allocate as much time as you can to this tour; you want to be sure to visit as many as possible. Nigel also met us at the bus-stop and dropped us off in town at the end of the day.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nigel picked us up from the hotel as agreed. Gave us some really useful tips and a short list of priority places for us to visit including famous and boutique cellar doors.

Good selection of bikes and well organized.. A great way to spend the day.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nigel picked us up from our hotel, took us to his base, kitted Sally and I out with bikes, helmets and a bottle of water. Then he spent about ten minutes explaining the area, giving us tips on Places to stop for lunch and the best vineyard cellar doors to visit. We visited 6 in a full day 10:00 - 17:00. Watch out for the headwind on the way out and enjoy the tailwind on the way back to base. My favourite cellar was Forrest as well as Villa Maria, don't miss Cloudy Bay either. Nigel then took us back to our hotel where we were in need of a good rest. I'm not a fit person but after the first 5k I founds it a very enjoyable day out.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My friend and I visited Blenheim on a 5 day trip to the South Island. Having done the trip before my friend had highly recommended Wine Tours By Bike, so I was looking forward to the experience already held in high regard. A friendly genuine and fantastically run business, Wine Tours By Bike collected us in their mini van from our accommodation and drove us to pick up the bikes. Well prepared, there were plenty of bikes to choose from and the first ones fit first time! Nigel tailored the perfect route for us taking everything we wanted into consideration. We had a terrific time cycling through the vineyards at the right pace for us. Hopefully I shall return to Blenheim in the near future and I wouldn't hesitate in using Wine Tours By Bike, and neither should you. It's the best way to see and appreciate this amazing region of the country. Faultless!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Blenheim purely to do a wine tour. We love NZ Sav from the Marlborough region! Hiring bikes was the perfect way to visit the wineries because you could taste all of the wine that you wanted, then cycle back to the lodge and Nigel drives you back to your hotel. Nigel was very informative indeed, and definitely selected some good wineries for us to go to. We were on a strict tiime scale so we only did the afternoon but it was enough time to have lunch at Wither Hills (which we would strongly recommend) and visit two other wineries. You could visit more depending on fitness levels and how much you drink!
We visited lots of places across the whole of NZ but we feel that this wine tour was the highlight of the holiday.

2  Thank EssexNeat