“This is the place to just enjoy”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #81 of 122 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: French, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Veranda is part of the Georges Michel Estate complex, where visitors can choose a selection of wine tasting ‘flights’, matched with French degustation plates. For example, enjoy four of our Golden Mile wines featuring Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Rose, with a plate of imported French cheeses or a selection of French ‘charcuterie’.Nestled amongst the vines and bathed in Marlborough’s prolific sunshine, La Veranda is the perfect venue to rest and relax in a very special ambiance, either indoors or outdoors.
Reviewed May 5, 2011

A beautiful place to set out on the Verandah.This was the fourth time I have enjoyed lunch this summer while overlooking the vines.The food selection is great and it's great to be able to have lunch that is a bit different and of such a high standard.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

We came across the cafe as we were tasting some of the wines at Georges Michel. The winery has a French background and La Verandah reflects this cuisine. The cafe serves a regular selection of platters: meat, cheese, seafood and dessert.

We ate here twice, both times with a meat and cheese platter. The meats include a selection of hams, sausage, terrine, pate which I think are all cured / made on the premises.

The cheese platter had a selection of three cheese, one of which is Saint Nectaire (imported in from France). The bread is thick and crusty.

1  Thank smulholland24
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We greatly enjoyed our lunch at La Verandah. Rudi the chef was extremely welcoming, the menu tempting, the tastes wonderful and the weather divine. We chose to sit outside so my dog could join us at the table and he spent the entire lunch sprawled in the shade under the table.
We ended our meal with the dessert platter and I snagged the entire chocolate mousse for myself. It was delicious. My friend enjoyed the other offerings including almond tart and creme brulee.
The only blight to the otherwise perfect lunch was that I was driving and so had to limit my drinking to one glass of their excellent wine.
We shall return.

2  Thank WLnz
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We had lunch at this restaurant and chose meat and cheese platters accompanied by 4 sample wines from their Golden Mile range.
Good choice of cheeses and meats.
Expansive range of wines and nick nacks for sale.
Rudy, the Chef is very pleasant and friendly.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were a large group of around 20 for Sunday lunch and couldn't have picked a better venue. The decor was lovely with lots of cute little details. Being in a vineyard, the local wines were the only ones available, but we were more than happy to drink the Domain Georges Michel range.
The lunch menu wasn't massive, but there were several specials of the day and plenty to keep everyone amused. A highlight was the baked camembert and everyone who ordered the fish special was impressed.
With a large rowdy group including children, some staff would have had trouble with us, but the service never faltered once - always cheerful and prompt.
Thoroughly recommend La Verandah - just wish I lived nearer so I could go more often.

2  Thank Boppy