“Friendly, Warm and Very Quiet”

Wellington City Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 45 Wellington B&B and Inns
Napier
“Friendly, Warm and Very Quiet”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

When we arrived David and I were greeted with a warmth that you usually only find at home. We were made to feel at home, our room was perfect. Clean, airy and so tastefully decorated. Our two hosts were like old friends "come join us, have a drink" and loads of lively conversation. This is one place everyone should try, you really really wont be disappointed.

• Liked — It was eveything we expected and a little more
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Central Coast, CA
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Although we only had one night to stay in Wellington, we picked the right place B&B! Dean and Jeff's place is walking distance from all the theaters, lots of great restaurants and shopping! We unfortunately didn't get to meet Jeff because he was out of town, but Dean we a delight to stay with. He was more than willing to hang out and chat, and helped us out with a parking dilemma we encountered at the Ferry station! The bed was very comfortable and their home's decor was impecable! We definitely recommend staying for more than one night. Thanks again!

• Liked — The proximity to the city center, hospitable and accommodating host, nice decor
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed March 21, 2008

As a first time visitor travelling alone to New Zealand and to Wellington, the personal courtesies shown to me during my 3 night stay were much appreciated. Dean picked me up at the ferry terminal and Calvin greeted me at the door (Jeff was away).

Dean offered much information about what I should see and do while in Wellington and joined me for several outings as his schedule permitted. He was a fantastic host as was Calvin. Other folks have gone into great detail in their reviews about the excellent accommodations so I won’t repeat that here.

My time in Wellington was a special part of my New Zealand vacation due in large part to my stay at this B&B. I was sad to leave as Dean dropped me off at the train station for my trip to Auckland.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
new york city
Reviewed March 19, 2008

My partner andI stayed at the GREAT Wellington B & B as guests of Jeff and Dean and Calvin (their wonderful cat). The location is ideal - walking distance to most sights and restaurants . Both Jeff and Dean took a personal interest in our visit and made our stay most memorable - only wish that we could have stayed there longer - but looking forward to returning! Lawrence and Alberto NYC NY

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank tituaman
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2008

My partner John and I spent 2 nights at City Bed and Breakfast in Wellington. We could hardly have found a better place to stay. The B&B is exceptionally well-located, within literally easy walking distance of Wellington city centre. Two wonderful hoste made this an excellent place to relax and explore the area. Thanks Greg & John in Canada

• Liked — Friendly owners
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Wellington City B&B is great! The accommodation is comfortable and clean with many personal touches provided by Jeff and Dean. This B&B is the perfect location for exploring Wellington City and Jeff and Dean are both exceptional hosts. We had a great time and look forward to returning.

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank newsealand
atlanta
Reviewed January 30, 2008

My husband and I were so comfortable at this B&B. It is stylish and convenient. Jeff and Dean were wonderful, tolerant hosts and the cat was appropriately and teasingly aloof. They gave us a ride to the bottom of the Botanical Garden cable car, allowing us to walk down through the gardens into town and Te Papa. We were a little too weary to climb the hill, but the taxi was inexpensive. The location is only a couple of blocks from a wonderful selection of restaurants. This is an excellent choice in Wellington for a couple or a single.

• Liked — The quality of the rooms and the hosts
  • Disliked — The hill
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple