Quality Hotel Wellington
Best Western Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$103
$147
$191
$146
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$46
Ohtel(Wellington)
$159
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscuba sttwin queencq hotelgreat locationsign languagefloor to ceiling windowshuge roomcafes and barssmall kitchenettefree wifite papawould stay againlovely roomtop floorcomfortable bedsan easy walkcomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Handy parking available. Close walk to everything.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at CQ Hotels Wellington.
Yes indeed the hotel is very well located within the upper area of Cuba Street. We do have a large number of car parking which benefits our guests visiting the Capital with either their cars, vans or motorbikes.
Thank you again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Sincerely
General Manager - CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Being a seasoned traveller and fussy hotel stayer, I researched a LOT before booking here because I don't enjoy wasting money on substandard experiences; and in most areas, it didn't let me down.

Upper Cuba is THE place for quirky interesting shopping, awesome nightlife (the worlds top rated restaurant/bar Matterhorn is just a short stroll away); so location for day and night activities can't be beaten.

Whilst I didn't check out the pool, the rest of the hotel was lovely, modern and spacious. The rooms easily fit 2 x Queen size beds with tonnes of space around them so it was easy to relax. We also requested a late checkout of noon which was appreciated after a big night out.

My only disappointment was the staff; from the girl who took the booking on the phone to both interactions checking in and out - not a single smile or attempt at any additional chat other than what was necessary to do the transaction. When reserving, and at checkin, I had specified I wanted a room away from the (noise of the) lift. At checkin I was advised the room allocated was at the end of the hall; however when the lift arrived at our floor, bang, there was our room immediately there. An inconvenience to have to muck about getting assigned a new room, after asking three times for a quiet room we shouldn't have been allocated one by the lifts to begin with.

Apart from that, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want a reasonably priced, modern place to stay in the heart of Welly's best kept secret, Cuba St.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaireMouse
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at CQ Wellington. It is always fantastic to receive positive feedback from our guests.
I have also taken a careful note of your comment in regards to the staff; your feedback has been forwarded to the Front Office Manager and her team highlighting them the importance of high level of customer service and the need to minimize the possibility of this happening in the future. I have also asked the reservation department to update your profile in our system with a room away from the lift for any of your future stay with us.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcoming you again very soon. Sincerely

General Manager - CQ Wellington

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Compliments to this hotel it has fantastic staff and we had room service it was delicious I have not had better at a restaurant. It was a great finish to our trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Hi Louie

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at The CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always fantastic to receive positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to our team; I am sure it will serve as encouragement to all of our employees as we endeavour to constantly improve the quality of our services.

Sincerely

General Manager - CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed July 28, 2010

we stayed for two nights at the Quality Hotel in Wellington. Its a great hotel. The staff was always very nice, there are internet comuters in the lobby, they have a parking garage and a nice pool area.
The room itself was the greatest: with huge windows overlooking the city. Only the kitchenette was quite tiny, more like a hotel than an apartment.

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank lm_0701
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed here in early April. We had a large room with 2 queen beds. Rooms are very spacious with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows and a large bathroom. OK, the view was of the adjacent apartments, but the view of that can be just as entertaining! The rooms also had a small kitchenette with a microwave oven and 2 burner hotplate. The bathroom had a heated towell rail, which is welcomed in cooler weather in Wellington. The beds were big and very comfortable and we slept well without any disturbance from outside or within the hotel. Staff were OK, pleasant but nothing out of the ordinary. I think there was 20Mb of free internet (wired) in room despite the room compendium stating otherwise.
The car parking is a bit of a trick. Firstly on check in it might not always be easy to find a park on Cuba st but there is a loading zone in Dunlop Tce on the other side of the building. Parking is an extra $15 per night and our spot was secure in a garage off Dunlop Tce which had a lift that went straight up to our floor. Beware though the car parks are very tight, fortunately we only had our car for one night before taking it back.
Location in right amoungst all the action in Wellington and if you cant find a restuarant of cafe that you would like around the hotel, then you would be hard to please!
Highly recommeded accom in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family