“Great Room”

Quality Hotel Wellington
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a deluxe suite and were really impressed. Very modern quiet room even though was facing Cuba street. For the price compared to other places we have stayed in Wellington we thought we got value for money. Very nice in room dining menu ordered by online compendium tablet in room . Will stay again when next in Wellington .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WJnCJ
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear WJnCJ,
Sounds like you've had a great stopover in Wellington! I am pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and the facilities and that you enjoyed the use of our online compendium and room dining menu selection from our Deluxe Suites tablets.
We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back home very soon. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We are currently staying at the 'Quality' hotel as it has a kitchenette, we thought this would save us money as we have two children with us. I find it amazing they sell the room like this. We have one small frying pan, no sharp knifes, washing up liquid was not replenished asked for more, about two hours ago and still waiting. We asked for a pot yesterday, one finally arrived tonight, after we had cooked.

When we checked in, we knew we were early, the woman on checkin explained we would have to wait and store our bags, no problems with this. After we emptied our car and went back to reception the guy now at the desk gave us another room that was ready, too hard for the first person!! We signed up to their loyalty card, discounts etc and a free newspaper in the morning, still waiting, no sign of that today.

In general, the kitchenette is not good enough to cook a basic meal for a family (which is why we booked this room) and customer service is hit and miss. The rooms are spacious and clean, however probably won't come back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mark s
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Mike,
I am very disappointed to read about the matters that you have risen but really appreciate you sharing your concerns as this allows us an opportunity to improve and rectify our level of services when possible. Please feel free to contact me at the reception desk today, I will be more than happy to discuss with you personally the above misunderstandings. Again I really appreciate you sharing your feedback and looking forward meeting with you shortly.
Olivier LACOUA

Reviewed April 26, 2014

First, one small lift in a hotel... Really how does that work? one person & trolley of luggage = no room for anyone else. No other lift. It wasn't that fast either.
second... Spa pool with no jets & no towels in the swimming area!
Next... Thump. thump, thump from the room above. Rattle, rattle of air con.
Next... No shower doors = bathroom (entire) flooded whenever a shower was has (small shower by the way)
Bed too soft = sag in middle = sore back
Room numbers not on doors! Who puts them on the side of the doorways in faded numbers?
Needless to say - disappointed!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Sheryl_nostrebor,
Thank you for sharing your experience and I apologise we didn't meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Quality Hotel is in Cuba Street, which is a very atmospheric street in Wellington. The room was clean, spacious and with a small kitchenette. Very good breakfast. Staff were polite and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear JEAN C,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. The team takes great pride in the service they deliver and I was pleased to share your comments with them.
I look forward to welcoming you again in a very near future, please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will organise your reservation personally.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a solo traveller for 3 nights for work. Had a 6th floor room facing north - very quiet apart from neighboring guests who arrived home late one night.

Positives for me: adequate wardrobe and drawers space, full length mirror, discrete sensor light if you 'leave' the bedroom area & head towards the bathroom (great at night), adequate towels & a hand towel (often not avail in hotels), spare pillows of varying thickness - so handy for someone with a crook neck, good kitchenette & long desk space for work or putting shopping on.

The only negative for me was that there was no door on the shower & subsequently water covering half the bathroom floor.

The room service was timely, with nice food, though not a big selection for dinner compared to the a la carte menu, the wee cafe downstairs did great coffee/muffin combos for great value in the morning which I had for a light breakfast.

Overall a handy, spacious, clean place to stay. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear TischlerAndHubby,
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Took my wife to Wellington for her birthday. Her sister and husband joined us for 3 special days. What a great hotel. Everything was just perfect. Room was excellent, bed was soooo comfortable.Dinner in the hotel was superb, Michael in the restaurant has that something special I would employ him that's how good he is. Because I wanted this weekend to be special for my wife I was almost waiting for something to go wrong. It never did. It was such an enjoyable place to stay. Close to everything. We caught the daytime train back to Auckland and that was exceptional as well. Well done Quality and thank you.

Room Tip: Try their breakfasts, you will not find better in town.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Chris R,
Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with your wife during her birthday and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations.
I will share your comments with our team, especially with Michael in our CQ Restaurant. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to having you with us again in the near future, please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stay at this property whenever I visit Wellington for business. Situated at the top of Cuba street, you have a plethora of options for dinner. The rooms are very generously sized and have VERY comfortable beds. The staff are friendly and helpful, I look forward to my next trip to Wellington!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future.