“Perfect everytime”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Perfect everytime”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stay at this property whenever I visit Wellington for business. Situated at the top of Cuba street, you have a plethora of options for dinner. The rooms are very generously sized and have VERY comfortable beds. The staff are friendly and helpful, I look forward to my next trip to Wellington!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future.
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Started our stay by checking in on the 29th after a long journey ready to get to our room first when we checked in got sent to the wrong room had to go back to reception and then got told the correct room.
Checked in a car for two nights of car parking and they charged us for them when I asked whilst checking in if there was any charge and was told there is not. Absolutely horrible customer service. Bathroom was not cleaned correctly and there was no air conditioning or ventilation in the room other than a cheap pedestal can. Avoid at all costs overpriced and do not get any customer service for your money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lifeisfood89
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I apologise we didn't meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay a comfortable, enjoyable experience and we're committed to providing the best possible service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations. Feel free to contact the hotel or myself directly if you would like to make any suggestions on how we could make our customer experience better. We'd appreciate any further feedback you may have. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to hear back from you soon
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed for two nights on business this week. Fantastic room, Two large beds, great space in bedroom & bathroom. Nice feeling space, modern & very clean. Staff were friendly & helpful. Should have made use of the pool & gym but decided to stay in bed a few minutes longer instead :)
Air conditioning was appreciated. Nice area in the Bar & Restaurant, well frequented by other guests & good specials on offer. Had a quick walk through the local Cuba street, great variety of interesting shops. Will definately be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Auckland
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stay here regularly due to business and have done so for the last 2 years. Initially the Hotel had offered fantastic complimentary extra's, which over the last few months in particular have been noticeably decreasing... A few examples that come to mind:

- Carparking now requires a booking
- No offer of a complimentary newspaper
- The latest one..... Now free wifi is limited to 30 minutes!

Guys when are you going to workout that these small things are what people expect in a hotel of your quality. The final point (wifi) will unfortunately mean I will be looking for a new hotel for myself and the rest of my staff who stay in Wellington regularly. Had the price gone up a few dollars it would not have been an issue, but to provide a level of service and then progressively remove it is not good business in my opinion. Anyway thats my gripe...

As reviewed by other people, this hotel is clean, extremely well located and most of the staff are very helpful.

4 Thank dajayman
Dear Dajayman,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued loyalty to the hotel. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated and I have read your comments carefully in regards to the complimentary extras offered that you mentioned.
I am very sorry that you felt that some of the usual complimentary services were not offered to you on this occasion; it must be a mis-communication as we aim to provide the same level of professional service with complimentary offers such as a newspaper and 30 mins of Wi-Fi per night. Please note that all our guests are also encouraged to join our complimentary loyalty programme which gives our guests access to complimentary Wi-Fi every time they stay with us. Sorry if this wasn’t communicated to you on this occasion, again I will share your comments with the Front Office team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
In regards to the car parking booking, we do recommend all our guests to let us know in advance if a car park is required. It is just a way to guarantee a space within the limited area the hotel has, especially during the busy months.
Please feel free to contact me directly and I will organise to update your profile on our system with all the above information to make sure that you do receive all complimentary services during any of your future stay with us.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Ashburton, New Zealand
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very nice outlook. Roomy apartment with all we needed including a coffee plunger (so often missing). Clean and well serviced. Good amount of bedding for summer. Maybe in need of some air conditioning as it got very hot in the morning with the sum shining in. Central location was excellent; close to buses, CBD, galleries etc.

Room Tip: In summer, maybe ask for a room with airconditioning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Deefa7700,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stay here regularly for work as our offices are just round the corner. Alway clean and tidy well appointed large rooms. Great location on Cuba Street with everything you need within walking distance. Polite and helpful staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Yonnamalone,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for your continued loyalty to the hotel. Great location indeed, walking distance to lots of fantastic restaurants, cafés, a boutique movie theatre just behind the hotel and many amazing little retail shops; all makes Cuba Street a very unique destination which is very appreciated by many of our guests especially during their weekend breaks …
I look forward to welcoming you back at CQ Hotels Wellington in the near future.
hamilton, N Z
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is in a good location. We enjoyed the very large rooms.The smaller rooms being written about are in the Comfort hotel which is an old historic building. The 2 hotels share the lobby. The Quality rooms also have a well equipped kitchenette which would come in very handy for many travellers.Unfortunately the spa pool was out of service for our 2 night stay. This was a large disappointment to us as it was a major reason in choosing this hotel. After we had walked the Wellington streets it would have been great to soak in the spa. The last time I stayed here I was on the side of the hallway that seems to have a shower over the bath. Our friends were on the oposite side of the hall and had this very silly shower with doors that don't close at all and all the floor is flooded and towels saturated. Unfortunately this time we were on the same side of the hallway and given this type of shower and it is extremely annoying. I am not sure why the shower cant be given an extra sliding door to stop the water problem. Also the floor only holds a small amount before it goes over the metal rim and floods. So you have water coming from the shower and the floor. It was not a pleasant experience and put us off wanting to shower. The aircon worked well.the breakfast was delicious. I would stay again due to all of the positives.Ii also agree that it is very annoying to be charged extra for your credit card. If everyone paid in cash only they would spend less and the hotels would lose out on money. When you can bill that extra drink to your credit card it is easier to spend more.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JBRHam
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear JBRHam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at CQ Hotels Wellington.
I am very sorry that you were not able to use the hotel Spa Pool on this occasion, unfortunately the main pump went out-of-order and we were waiting to get parts for repair from Auckland. It seems the repair took longer than anticipated, I am sorry again for the inconvenience; the Spa Pool is now back into service.
Thank you for your comment in regards to the shower design, we are still working to find the best possible option to resolve this matter. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.