“Comfortable Beds and Spacious Room”

Quality Hotel Wellington
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Comfortable Beds and Spacious Room”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

While the rooms are very stuffy as other reviews have highlighted, the rare opportunity to have a hotel that allows the windows to be fully opened to allow fresh air to flow through the room was very much enjoyed in stark contrast to air conditioning.

Our room was very spacious with two comfortable beds and firm pillows which allowed for good sleep while the location of the hotel is perfect to walk to all parts of the city.

I would have given a 5 star rating but with the amenities in the room of tea and biscuits not being replenished during our two night stay, a four star is more appropriate.

We will quite happily stay here again though and recommend this hotel to you with confidence.

Kind Regards,

Mike and Daniela
Mike's Wine Tours
Melbourne
Australia.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mike and Daniela,
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you
I will share your comments with the team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I have also taken note of your comment in regards to the amenities not being replenished during your stay; please accept my apologies. Your feedback has been shared to our housekeeping team reminding them to be more vigilant. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel, please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
new zealand
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Booked it for the convenient location and expected a bit of noise being in Cuba St. Very pleased to get a nice big room at the back so headed off for the evening with hopes of a decent sleep. Came back at 11pm to seriously booming music and raucous voices from a bar or club whose outside area backed onto the parking area we overlooked . Got louder and louder until about 3am supplemented by drunks in the car park swearing and fighting and what sounded like fire crackers going off.
The bed was also saggy and uncomfortable . Woken at 7.20 by what sounded like a bin lorry then a fork lift truck, with a sore back from the saggy bed.
Other features that did not impress were the empty shortbread packet with the tea and coffee, the dangerous sharp metal raised edge between the room and bathroom and the cleaners trying to get in before we checked out.
Mentioned the noise to the staff member who did out checkout. Complete lack of interest. Worst night we have ever had in a hotel and not cheap either. Avoid!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear holyisle,
Thank you for sending your message and feedback to us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
I personally investigated the issue you have raised and found out that the problem was coming from outside the hotel perimeter and located in a nearby Havana Cafe. The Night Team contacted both the cafe and Wellington City Noise control during the night to stop the unacceptable level of nuisance. It is very unfortunate that it took so long for the matter to be completely resolved, please accept again our sincerest apologies; this was unfortunately out of our control.
Rest assured that I have personally taken the appropriate measures to address the problem directly with the owner of the Cafe and all our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences, I have also asked our reservation department to allocate you away from this side of the hotel and this for any future stay with us.
I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure that you will experience it during your next stay with us.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again at CQ Hotels Wellington. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

There weren't many rooms available when we booked so the room we had was very small - basically just enough room for the bed, our bags and a tiny bathroom. Having said that though the room itself was very tidy, clean, and modern looking and felt comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was great. The only real let down was the lack of sound proofing between the rooms which was the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel. I also think it's bizarre to have a 2% surcharge on paying by credit card when that's the usual way people pay for their room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Rochelle K,
Thank you for you recent stay with us and for taking the time to post your review.
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback in regards to the sound proofind, we will look this as a priority. Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed 2 nights before going to the South Island and came back for our 1st night on the return trip.

Rooms were clean, modern and large - small kitchenette in each. Nice and quiet too, which given the hotel is on Cuba Street was a bonus.

Good central location, very handy for eating out in the evening and walking to the main toruist spots.

Staff friendly and helpful. On 2nd visit we asked to change rooms because the bathroom door did not close properly - no problem and no fuss.

Used the car park 1st time, which was very convenient, but it was full for the return so we used a public car park round the corner - much cheaper and pretty secure as it closes at midnight.

Internet worked fine for us - if you join their Privileges scheme then it's unrestricted usage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear randrnz,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Wales
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Large room with good kitchenette, comfy beds and a great power shower. The rooms are stuffy as others have commented on - we managed to wrestle a window open and the temperature was fine. It could be a problem on hot days. The check in staff were friendly and helpful . There are washer/dryers for a charge on the comfort side which looked just as nice though I think the rooms a smaller. Didn't use the pool as the photo is deceptive - its really quite small . Beds were comfortable and we found the hotel quite quiet though you could here people passing in the corridor. Overall a pleasant stay - nothing special but fine all the same

Room Tip: we asked for a room facing inwards towards the other hotel - there was no wind noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear snowieWales,
Thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities in the CQ Quality Suites.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in a near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Good position on Cuba Street.
I've got to start this with a complaint as this is what sticks in my mind. 30 minutes free wifi per day. ONLY 30 minutes. Counting down from the moment you connect. Or you pay $20 per 24 hrs. In today's internet age charging at this rate is a serious rort and deserves my scorn. I could get a month of connection and 1Gb of data from a mobile telco for less than $30. What makes me extra extra grumpy about this is that we are paying for a superior room. I'm off to sit at MacDonalds/Burger King or pretty much any cafe in Wellington or even in outside on Cuba Street itself and use the bandwidth for free rather than have room service and browse the interweb in my room.....you lose QC!
And as another reviewer pointed out - watch out for the credit card fee.
But to be fair, apart from those gripes, the room was big, tidy and clean and the staff friendly and helpful.
Would I stay again......not unless the wifi policy changes and there is no charge for using a credit card.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Redwoodie,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. I have shared your comments with my team, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words you made in regards to them being friendly, helpful and that the room was clean and tidy.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the WIFI; while currently the hotel offers a daily 30mins complimentary Internet access service to all our guests, your comment will definitely help us to review the costs associated to provide such extra level service at the time of our next pricing strategy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention
The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website, via our facebook page or send an email directly to us and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Kind regards,
Olivier Lacoua
CQ Hotels Wellington
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice big room on the Quality side. Very useful kitchenette. Tablet computer supplied in the room allowed good free internet access.

Bizarre that connecting one's own tablet or laptop to internet is very expensive but using the supplied tablet in the room is free! Outrageous 2% charge for paying with a credit card. How else can a tourist pay? Bathroom design is a joke, it is very small and the single shower screen means the floor gets soaked every time the shower is used.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMC1314
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear RMC1314,
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but apologise that some aspects of your stay did not
meet your expectations. We have checked the Wi-Fi access in all rooms since your visit and this is now working perfectly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the credit card fee; while our actual fee is currently sitting in par with the average inner city Wellington hotels, your feedback will be highlighted during our next pricing review.
We look forward to offering you a more satisfactory experience if you choose to visit us again.