“Quality and Location”

Quality Hotel Wellington
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great location on Cuba street close to lots of good restaurants and cafés and only a few minutes walk from the Harbourfront. Our room was clean, spacious and reasonably comfortable with hobs and a microwave. Faced inwards to an internal court so was very quiet. Bed was a bit soft. Friendly and efficient reception. Parking is $25 a night extra and you only get 30 minutes internet access which is very poor. Extra charge for using a credit card to pay. Number of nearby cafés give free wi-fi so why can't this big hotel chain. Would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Col07,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I have also taken careful note of your comments in regards to the bed, car parking cost and the extra charge for credit card; your feedback will be highlighted during our next pricing review. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Please contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.

There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Wellington

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed in the quality side - I've stayed in the comfort side which is fine, but I like space, and the quality rooms certainly have this. The only small issue was with the shower - I found it hard to not half flood the bathroom as there seems to be no way to stop the water spraying all over the place.
The hotel breakfasts are fabulous. Could have easily eaten way too much each morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 281Emma_C
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear 281Emma_C
Thank you very much for your great feedback, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at CQ Hotels Wellington, thank you again for posting your review. I am pleased to inform that we are currently finalizing a project to install new shower doors in these particular room type; in the meantime I have asked our reservation department to assign you with a room with a bath/shower for any of your future stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future. Kind regards

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My room was immaculate, fully modern with kitchenette. The hotel is in an excellent location on Cuba Street near the waterfront and CBD, with plenty of shops, restaurants and the Night Market nearby.

The room had a north-facing picture window and was quite hot when I arrived (5pm on a sunny Friday in November), but the heat pump did its job. The soundproofing was very good.

My only reservation would be that the room's fridge was mostly taken up by the minibar, leaving very little space to put my own things in. This is difficult to reconcile with a room that also provides a fully featured kitchenette with cooker, microwave, plates, cutlery etc.

The hotel has a small but well-stocked fitness room with treadmill, cross-trainer, rower, cycle and a full stack of hand weights.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ross Y
Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. We will check with the team if we can have more space in the fridge as you described, thank you again for the suggestion.
I am looking forward to welcome you back at CQ Hotels Wellington in a very near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very comfortable hotel in great location for visiting Wellington. Quaint little shops in Cuba Street and easy walk to main shopping area, waterfront, Sunday Markets, theatres and Te Papa. Restaurants and coffee shops all around. Quick ride to airport. Great value and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ann W,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights. I had feared it might be a bit out of the way, too far from the waterfront, but in fact you walk straight down Cuba street and arrive at the Civic center. And because Cuba Street has so many people around, it's lively. Cuba street is quirky, a few tacky pubs but odd sorts of shops, and okay cafes. The hotel is west (or is it north?) of the Cuba Street mall. My room was on the 1st floor (level 4) and overlooked the awning but got hardly any noise from the street. My room was big, the bed was more comfortable than my own at home; it had a fridge (with the ubiquitous overpriced snacks that infest these items), an ironing board, tv that I didn't watch, good bathroom, etc. A 30-minute a day limit on free wifi is totally weird. Reception staff were friendly and helpful, despite being super busy. I didn't use the pool because the room it was in was overheated and stuffy. But hey. I liked this place, the neighborhood, and the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us a wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and will continue to strive and excel to meet your expectations. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future! Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

good experience - travelled as group of friends - check-in efficient, rooms clean and tidy - one lacked remote control for AirCon unit !!!!! Overall great for our purposes - easy to walk into city, restaurants, bars.
Great taxi recommendation for airport transfer.

Room Tip: not fronting onto Cuba St ideally
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChristineNettie2012
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear ChristineNettie2012,
Sounds like you've had a great stopover in Wellington! We are pleased to learn that you liked our hotel and the facilities. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier Lacoua
CQ Hotels Wellington

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's still looking good after a fit out a few years ago and has most of what you will need, including a small [5 machines in a bedroom] gym. Our room was a larger twin Queen suite and we reveled in the space, but the efforts to save on a shower door [or do something 'designery' with it] only resulted in a very wet bathroom.

Value was OK, but the location on upper Cuba St means it's much better cited for eating and walking about than hotels nearer the CBD. Heaven Pizza, Masa, a great Fish n Chippery all within 50m stroll...

Room Tip: North facing, higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Donald

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future. Please contact us directly on our website www.cqwellington.com or info@cqwellington.com and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Olivier Lacoua