“Fantastic lunch with great selection of wines by the glass”
Review of Nikau Gallery Cafe

Nikau Gallery Cafe
Ranked #147 of 956 Restaurants in Wellington
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch here recently. This is a beautiful little cafe. We had a lovely bowl of soup for lunch, accompanied by a glass of white wine each. The selection of wines by the glass is very good and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I were in Wellington for a long weekend and Nikau had been recommended to us. It was so good we went twice. The food is beautifully cooked, presented and the staff are amazing. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and their service was friendly, efficient and fun.
These people care about you and the experience you'll have at Nikau.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow, the pancakes with spiced apple syrup is to die for! From our party of five this morning three had the pancakes and all were ready to lick the plate clean (thank goodness, we are have good manners!). The other two had eggs, which were reported to be just as finger linking good.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I'm a long time fan of Nikau. I've never had a bad experience here and they always have interesting new seasonal items on the menu, alongside favourites like the kedgeree ( which is so good that entire tables order kedgeree all round). Excellent coffee, incredibly tempting baking and friendly service mean I'm back here again and again, bringing friend from out of town.

Can get busy at lunch so come early or late - and the raspberry vodka bubbles are fab!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been here twice. First for a lovely lunch with my eldest [super critical] son. Second for breakfast with my gorgeous husband. Both visits have been extremely good.
Located with in the City Art Gallery it's the perfect place pre or post viewing the current exhibition.
Lunch was absolutely delicious my son and I enjoyed a fantastic bean hearty bean soup.
Breakfast yesterday was fantastic. Sage eggs for me with perfect avocado and the most wonderful green tomatoes and basil. Fresh fruit for him...yum..plums, blueberries, grapes and mango with a lovely creamy yoghurt. Sage eggs and bacon followed the fruit for him. Liked that sourdough was fresh rather than 'toasted'. Our waiter and waitress were lovely, attentive to us and as a hospo owner always productive! All the staff are busy busy busy. But doesn't feel frantic all the staff know what they are there for and do the most brilliant job caring for their customers. The chefs here are so into what they do. I take my hat off to whoever owns and inspires this place. Coffee is excellant. I could happily eat here daily. Sad I don't.