“Great meal with stunning views”
Review of Cobar

Cobar
Ranked #136 of 938 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Great meal with stunning views”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

One of the best meals out we had in NZ. Went with friends had a great table in the window overlooking the bay. Food was just perfect. Tasty, not too much and of high quality. Service was friendly and professional and the wines were good too albeit a little pricey. All in all an excellent night out and would highly recommend this top class restaurant.

• Visited February 2014

Paraparaumu, New Zealand
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place to help celebrate a friends birthday. Could hear everyone at our table, no need to shout! Food was very nice, great service, and an awesome view out to sea.

Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Sadly Disappointing”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I am from Eastbourne and have always wanted to try Cobar, my sister and I went in the summer and were bitterly disappointed. At first I played the poor service off as perhaps I was to picky, been in hospitality my self, but after spending a good 1-2 hours there, it became very clear that this was not the case.

As I mentioned we were there for quite sometime. During that time we ordered food,and plenty of drinks. Not one single glass was cleared off the table, yet we ordered more once they were finished. It was a stink hot day and our waters were not refilled, my sister had to ask 3 times and still she did not get seen to.

The food was very nice. We had some bread and dips to start, we shared the pork belly and some other dishes. The food in fact, stopped me from writing this review when it happened. ..

After driving around the bays the other week I decided to give Cobar another shot, maybe the guy was new and didn't know what he was doing, and it was a fluke. sadly this was not the case.

I came in to catch up with a friend, Though this time around the staff were absolutely lovely, they still didn't seem to know what they were doing. They knew nothing about the wine and could not recommend any. I cannot stress how great their customer service skills were, sadly for me it just wasnt enough after the previous experience.

To top it off, There was a random fork on the table by the entrance. Cleanliness, hygiene..?

I really hope that Cobar does provide some extra training for their staff, as it has so much potential.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Shannon L
Bedford
“Excellent family lunch and views to die for.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Superb location, excellent views across the bay towards Wellington, good contemporary decor, excellent staff. A really nice place to treat one's mother-in-law. Food spot on. This is one restaurant that should be on everyone's bucket list. Unreservedly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
“Style and subtlety”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

A busy Saturday night is always a good test of a restaurants ability to perform under pressure. With a large party booked in we wondered if service would slip, but no way. This team made it look effortless with every dish presented lovingly and with care. A great evening and very reasonable priced. We will be back