“Superb dining evening”
Review of The White House Restaurant - CLOSED

The White House Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: This is an exciting and stylish new restaurant led by well-known and award-winning Chef, Paul Hoather. The impeccable style of this stunning restaurant showcases the menu which is the very best and the freshest seafood and local produce. It's Chef Paul's creativity, his unparalleled experience, and his passion for exceptionally fine food that make every meal an experience par excellence.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were a party of nine at The White House to celebrate a special birthday.We enjoyed superb views from the upper floor room (which we had to ourselves) combined with an amazing meal. Our waiter Agnelo Fernandes made us feel special and provided excellent recommendations for both food and wine. Would thoroughly recommend dining at The White House especially for a special occasion.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've dined at Logan Brown, Francois, Boulcott St Bistro, Ambeli, Ortega, Hippopotamus, and most of the fine dining establishments in Wgtn.

The degustation at the White House was hands down the finest culinary experience I had the pleasure of experiencing. The staff were pleasant and polite, without being overwhelming or snobby. The food was clever and exquisite, without being pretentious.

There are many fine establishments in Wellington but this certainly raises the bar in terms of a culinary experience. I had a fond evening that I will cherish for the remainder of my days, and would happily wear my heart on my sleeve and recommend this establishment to any other Wellingtonian or tourist considering a fine dining experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you're like anything like me and want to eat everything then I highly recommend either of the degustation menus - $140/person and matching wines an additional $85/person. The food was delicious and the presentation was impeccable!
Highlight: Pork belly - not part of the degustation but we just had to try it... sooo good!

I would recommend starting early with the degustations, particularly if you're in a large group as it does take a few hours.

To top it all off our waiter, Agnelo, was absolutely brilliant!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had a fantastic meal at The White House last September - only just getting around to writing this up. Was visiting on holiday and decided to treat ourselves on the last night in Wellington. Really made the evening feel special. Great food.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Lovely evening. We went there for my girlfriend anniversary. We had beef angus and snapper and the food was good, fresh. Our waiter Agnelo was excellent. I would definitely come back and try the degustation menu.