“Not the best Thai in Wellington”
Review of The Oriental Thai - CLOSED

The Oriental Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been to this restaurant a few times now, mainly because they have a very large table in the back of the restaurant that accommodates for very large groups. The service is good, but given the plethora of Thai restaurants in Wellington all offering similar options at the same price, Oriental Thai is let down by the quality of its food. It isn't bad - it just isn't as good as others! In saying that, if you want a restaurant that caters for large groups (I believe we had 23 people once) and is BYO, Oriental Thai will not let you down!

Reviewed November 25, 2011

First visited Oriental Thai in 1991, which was the first time in my life eating Thai food. Since then, in my memory, it has never been surpassed. Still the best in my book - start with the soups. Dined there twice in the past week. Location, on a busy stretch of Cambridge, not the best, but the interior is serene, and the clientel content.

Reviewed May 25, 2009

Dined there with a group recently and while it was a cold night it was not much warmer in the restaurant in fact we sat with our coats on for most of the evening. Our meals were not great, fish bones in fish cakes is a first and grissle in meat. Rotis never showed and one main was forgotten by kitchen and when it came out was bland and unlike menu described. When we went to pay the worst was getting abuse from the Chef after complaining he was incredibly rude I do not recommend this resaurant

1  Thank Careerbreaker
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Excellent Thai, top notch ingredients, good service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook