“Balti House in Wellington”
Review of The Balti House

The Balti House
Ranked #104 of 997 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Excellent food, we are from the midlands in the UK so we know what a Balti should taste like. I can assure you this Balti house is the real deal for sure.
Waitress could smile a little more but other than that we will be coming back for more.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I arrived in Wellington after having taken the train from Auckland. We do not know Wellington so after having walked the streets we came across the Balti House. The staff were very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed the dishes we ordered. The garlic nam was excellent and not doughy like they can be.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The food is amazingly authentic and is always of a high std. The service is exceptionally polite. The staff certianly know what "service" means. If you are visiting Wellington & want something special: try their $12 lunch. If you are local, you wont leave hungry. It really is Great Indian food ! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

As a resident of the West Midlands England (Birmingham is in the West Midlands for the uninitiated) I think I know a bit about authentic baltis and unfortunately this restaurant was not up to the mark. It failed in one crucial way - the sauce that my wife and I's two very different meals came in was the same in every respect as indeed was the sauce of one of the starters. Simply not good enough I'm afraid - the sauce should be freshly prepared and should vary according to the dish ordered. That said this wasn't a bad effort: portions were substantial; presentation good:prices competitive; service prompt althougn rather peremptory and the food was served up promptly. However, to have the maitre d' and her assistant hovering at the end of the room for the whole meal was rather disconcerting and the toilets were not clean (and I am being polite there). Worth a visit if you are missing your spicy fix but I have had far better at home.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Colleagues took me to Balti for lunch. North Indian Authentic Food. Excellent service. Will visit again before i leave Wellington.