“The best Indian Resturant in Wellington”
Review of The Balti House

The Balti House
Ranked #117 of 946 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a balti reminiscent of those in the UK. Excellent food and good prices make it a worth while stop, especially if you are an Englishman abroad and missing a taste of home.

There are newer reviews for The Balti House

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Balti House serves the most authentic Indian in Wellington. It's the only place that I know of where you can order a little bucket of daal as a side dish - something that is common in India but very difficult to find here!

The service is prompt, and the food is excellent. Portions are well sized (I often struggle to finish) and the staff are attentive to make sure your water glass is full!

It's a small restaurant so often space is a premium.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A great place to eat in centre of wellington. Small friendly restaurant and the best of indian food. Great service and great price.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have only ever been here for lunch, several times. The food is great and it is most certainly value for money. I love their dhal and the naan breads are soft and fluffy. We have never been disappointed. It is always busy at lunch times. The service extremely fast and efficient. If you are pressed for time, want tasty inexpensive food then I would definitely recommend this place. My only criticism would be the woman manager behind the counter at lunch times. She hardly ever smiles. She is not unpleasant, but she isn't warm or friendly. Thankfully the young waiting staff are much friendlier.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Balti is one of those places I go when I am really struggling to decide where to go for dinner. Me and my mate start trying to think of a meal We feel like and sure enough, Chicken tikka enters my mind, and then I really must have it!

Balti is a busy restaurant that has a great vibe, I go in with a my friends and we took our own white wine and they provide us ice bucket. It's one of those places that really works if you have time on your hands.

The menu is what I would call good fusion, and you can get loads of different meals from all over India. We had Chicken vindaloo, matar paneer , which were all really good, spicy meals. As I said though, my favourite is chicken tikka and you really can't come to home without trying it. If you like tandoori dishes, it is simply the best.

It was very busy on the visit a problem of being popular. The 30 min wait quickly passed with the help of wine and chicken tikka.

Once finished wine, the service was slick and the dishes was presented less than 5 minutes customer service was really excellent.

Awesome place to take your mates. We always begin a guys night out here, but it is a really friendly environment that you'd be happy to bring your family..:)