“First class in the suburbs”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #128 of 979 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Excellent food served with similar high quality service. While the menu is not large it mor than adequately covers all tastes. I will definitely be returning for both that special night out or the relaxing weekend brunch. Highly recommended

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Always fresh, and food cooked to perfection. Gary and David are great hosts and it's always a pleasure to go and have a nice meal whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is one of my most favourite restaurants in Wellington, and why we visit it so often (8 or 9 times a year). Whether it is for dinner or weekend brunch, the food is always fabulous, the staff are friendly and highly efficient, and the atmosphere is just great. We've gotten to know Gary and David, the owners, quite well and we always enjoy catching up with them on our returns. Because we live in Khandallah we frequently stop in for dinner on our way home.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining here last week. Very tasteful décor,good use of mirrors, well chosen ambient background music and excellent service.
A menu with gorgeous choices for everyone. After internal arguments with myself, I had the chicken liver pate - there is usually never enough toast when I have ordered this in other restaurants but in this case it was served with a perfect amount. The pate was light and full of flavour.My main of fish was superbly cooked and no need for any seasoning. The side vegetables were substantial for our party of 4 and again beautifully cooked.
Unfortunately I just could not squeeze in dessert although I did somewhat dribble over my colleagues choices. Nice touches of presentation as well, with all the dishes
My only note would be we were a bit overwhelmed with our water glasses and the constant top up by all staff but apart from that the service was outstanding.
My only disappointment is that I do not live in Wellington as this would definitely be my 'go to' place for business and pleasure dining.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

It is approx three years since I last wrote a review on Taste although we still visit there 3 -4 times a year including our Company Christmas Dinner. The Owners Gary and David who both work front of house continually maintain high quality food and ambience that the rewstaurant is rarely not full every night of the week. It is not cheap by Wellington standards - $19 for entrees, $30 plus for mains and $15 plus for dessert and wines $40 plus per bottle. After paying my bill and advising Gary that I was about to write another review I asked him why his establishment was so popular. He came back with one word "Consistancy", in level of service, quality of food and dining ambience. He further told me that not only is the restaurant consistant , so are the clientele with many repeat customers over a long period of time. The menu doesnt change and its amazing how many return customers come back for the menu favourite, we certainly do. We have watched Sam the other front of house staff member mature into a fine example of front of house service provider over the years we have been going. Will be we going back again You betcha and again after that as well. In fact we cant find a reson to go anywhere else.

1  Thank beanb41