“busy place”

Ranked #274 of 956 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the hotel lobby, Sojourn is proof that you don't have to travel far to find the perfect spot for morning coffee, a casual lunch or cocktails after work. Enjoy fresh, wholesome, locally sourced cuisine for breakfast, lunch or dinner. A tapas menu is also offered throughout the afternoon and evening. Manfredi coffee is the grind on offer, with all sizes and extras for only $4.00. Opening times: Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday 06:30 -10:30 hrs, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 14:30 hrs, Dinner: Monday - Saturday 18:00 - 22:00 hrs, Bar: Monday - Saturday 06.30 hrs - late
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Disappointing is about it really lots of people walk through ..only one chef and waiter on and it was busy meal lacked flavor i thought they were quite small meals also and we left hungry ...

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would suggest they somehow reduce traffic through their hotel as it doesnt make it very quiet
Chef very friendly

Reviewed December 12, 2012

poor service despite the cafe being relatively empty
food was just average
some items on menu not available

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food and service was very good. But it is beside a thoroughfare to the Lambton Quay elevator so it is more suited to a quick meal that a romantic dinner.

SteveJMartin, General Manager at Sojourn Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hi Jeanette71_24

Thanks for taking the time to post your review, I’m glad that you enjoyed our food and service, I hope we will see you back at Sojourn again soon.

Best regards

Steve Martin

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family of 5 opted to dine at the Sojourn Cafe and bar after perusing the menu earlier in the day and the restaurant's proximity to our accommodation on The Terrace.
My husband ordered Lamb Shanks with a mash potato. my daughter and I ordered steak with potato gratin She ordered her steak medium rare and I ordered mine medium. One of my sons ordered a pizza and the other ordered from the bar snacks menu.

Firstly the meat dishes were cold and the plates they were served on were also cold.Next the steaks we ordered were 3 medallions all cooked to different levels. we had well done, medium and rare all on the one plate. Next my husband's lamb shank ( I mean ONE lamb shank!) was so overcooked it was unpleasant to eat. My son said there was nothing wrong with his pizza and the younger son was happy enough with his bar snack.

The restaurant had one other table of guests so in total there were 8 people dining on a Saturday night at 8p.m. The waiter was also the only staff member on duty to take orders, serve food, do drinks orders and take care of the bar for non dining patrons.

When the waiter cleared our plates we voiced our dissatisfaction. He was apologetic and offered free desert for the table which we declined. He did reduce the bill by the cost of one main meal.

Over all it was a poor experience and I perceive that the staff are either badly supported or badly managed. Both perhaps.

Hello ChristchurchColl

I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. This is not the normal level of high service and quality that we pride ourselves on delivering, please be assured that I have addressed your comments with our chef and restaurant manager.

Kind regards