“"Inexpensive and Tasty"”

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Arrived here on a Sunday night for a meal with my Husband and Brother-in-law who recommended this place to us. We were certainly not disappointed at all. The meals were very tasty and the portion size was very substantial. I had Chicken Rendang was so yummy!! and very filling. The chicken wings and Roti's were so good also. The meals came out very quickly and the service was also very good. Would certainly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. This was a very pleasant dining experience, cant wait to come back to try the other dishes on the menu.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Why do I keep going back? Great taste at a fair price, speed and a no nonsense approach to Malay staples. My favourite is the mee goreng. The staff are cool and will move tables around to create space. Every week the food is the reliable same delight. With kids it's fast enough to avoid issues with waiting.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

One of my pet peeves about eating out is the childrens menu. It's always processed junk: chicken nuggets, hamburger, etc. So I was immediately pleased this place just served Malaysian food.

With four little kids, we were delighted by how fast the food came out, The food was awesome, and I mean awesome, our kids left nothing, and the price was so cheap.

We will be back again and again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stumbled across this place by accident & very glad we did. Although the place is small & basic, the food is simply beautiful, the service is quick & the staff very polite. Excellent value for superb Malaysian food.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I don't care what anyone says this has to be one of my favourite restaurants in Wellington. Tasty food and very affordable. I'm a regular so I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with service, maybe the odd shy waitress but that's really nothing to complain about. Satay Village is consistent so you know what you're in for. If it's not up to par, don't be afraid to let them know.

2  Thank Arihia M