“Great for kids”

Dining options: Late Night
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for kids”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

One of my pet peeves about eating out is the childrens menu. It's always processed junk: chicken nuggets, hamburger, etc. So I was immediately pleased this place just served Malaysian food.

With four little kids, we were delighted by how fast the food came out, The food was awesome, and I mean awesome, our kids left nothing, and the price was so cheap.

We will be back again and again.

• Visited October 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Tasty & Delicious”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stumbled across this place by accident & very glad we did. Although the place is small & basic, the food is simply beautiful, the service is quick & the staff very polite. Excellent value for superb Malaysian food.

• Visited August 2013
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Delicious and Cheap”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I don't care what anyone says this has to be one of my favourite restaurants in Wellington. Tasty food and very affordable. I'm a regular so I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with service, maybe the odd shy waitress but that's really nothing to complain about. Satay Village is consistent so you know what you're in for. If it's not up to par, don't be afraid to let them know.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Arihia M
Wellington, New Zealand
“My favourite cheap and cheerful!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great food, exceptional value and a classic Malaysian, I wouldn't go any further than Satay Village, it's been my favourite "cheap and cheerful" for the past 12 years! Great table service but the owner needs to smile and be a little more accommodating!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank WELLYFOODIE007
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality, cheap Asian cafe style food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Have visited a number of times and always get good quality food for cheap prices. Prefer the setting over similar and comparable restaurants, such as The Oaks. Good value for money, and handy BYO option too.

1 Thank Andrew F