“Great Indian food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rasa Malaysian & South Indian Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 904 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Four of us dined around 8 pm on a Monday night. My colleague had to ask three wait staff about the availability of gluten free dishes before being advised that most dishes were suitable. The food was hearty, tasty and filling; a welcome cure to a chilly Winter's night.

Visited July 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Thumbs up for goat curry!,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Friday night, no booking, but the manager found us a seat!

A bit squashed, with the tables and chairs, but we enjoyed ourselves

The goat curry, which I've heard so much about, came up trumps and I was not disappointed
I think this might be the only restaurant in town which serves goat curry? (I could be wrong here)

The meals here are quite different from other Malaysian restaurants, as the chef is from another region in Malaysia.

Great service, even though the place was very busy.

I recommend coming here for a tasty curry

• Visited May 2013
Maleny, Australia
“Full house on Monday must mean something!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We ate earlyish on a Monday night and the place was full.
Good quick service by a charming young Malaysian guy. I had a delicious Goat Curry, but alas the Mango Lasse was not available, and my partner had a South Indian curry, ( can't remember exactly which one). The very good thing was that the two curries were completely different in taste, and this does not always happen in Indian restaurants, Also had a nice roti. They do sell beer, but not wine. A good dining experience.

Visited May 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Dingy decor but fantastic goat curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I haven't eaten here for some time so entering on a wet and miserable winters day to fill up with a hot curry seemed like a good idea but you are nearly put off by the drab interior, painted in dark maroon and dull yellow. Still, I'd been here before for one of their lunchtime specials. The price has gone up a wee bit but we ordered the goat curry, which is always good here, along with their mango lasse's also very good. Very quickly (there were very few people here although it gets really full at night) our meals were delivered. For the uninitiated, a small cone of rice and a smaller bowl with goat and gravy plus a roti each might look a tiny meal. But this is so filled with rich spices and goodness that you get filled up really quickly. The goat is to die for, just melts in uour mouth, the mango drink a perfect complement (although the restaurant is BYO who needs booze at lunchtime!) and the gravy rich and wonderful. The service was unobtrusive and although the room is small (12 tiny tables and 3 or 4 larger ones) the food is larger than life in its flavour, and the cost tiny on the pocket. Of course we will be back, I just wish they'd paint it up a bit, that's all.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Knebworth, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Not much to add really, just read the heading. If you like this type of cuisine, you should like this place and it's very reasonably priced for NZ. It is busy, a good sign, but the service wasn't great - we had to remind the staff about our drinks order. Cuba Street is what it is - I note words such as tatty and Bohemian in other reviews and it was certainly unlike what we'd seen previously in South Island, but as a Londoner by background it felt fine to me just busy and with a wide range of human life ! The good lady wasn't very keen on it though.

• Visited March 2013