“Full house on Monday must mean something!”

Rasa Malaysian & South Indian Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 962 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We ate earlyish on a Monday night and the place was full.
Good quick service by a charming young Malaysian guy. I had a delicious Goat Curry, but alas the Mango Lasse was not available, and my partner had a South Indian curry, ( can't remember exactly which one). The very good thing was that the two curries were completely different in taste, and this does not always happen in Indian restaurants, Also had a nice roti. They do sell beer, but not wine. A good dining experience.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I haven't eaten here for some time so entering on a wet and miserable winters day to fill up with a hot curry seemed like a good idea but you are nearly put off by the drab interior, painted in dark maroon and dull yellow. Still, I'd been here before for one of their lunchtime specials. The price has gone up a wee bit but we ordered the goat curry, which is always good here, along with their mango lasse's also very good. Very quickly (there were very few people here although it gets really full at night) our meals were delivered. For the uninitiated, a small cone of rice and a smaller bowl with goat and gravy plus a roti each might look a tiny meal. But this is so filled with rich spices and goodness that you get filled up really quickly. The goat is to die for, just melts in uour mouth, the mango drink a perfect complement (although the restaurant is BYO who needs booze at lunchtime!) and the gravy rich and wonderful. The service was unobtrusive and although the room is small (12 tiny tables and 3 or 4 larger ones) the food is larger than life in its flavour, and the cost tiny on the pocket. Of course we will be back, I just wish they'd paint it up a bit, that's all.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Not much to add really, just read the heading. If you like this type of cuisine, you should like this place and it's very reasonably priced for NZ. It is busy, a good sign, but the service wasn't great - we had to remind the staff about our drinks order. Cuba Street is what it is - I note words such as tatty and Bohemian in other reviews and it was certainly unlike what we'd seen previously in South Island, but as a Londoner by background it felt fine to me just busy and with a wide range of human life ! The good lady wasn't very keen on it though.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

always look forward to having a yummy feed at your restaurant. good service, good prices and glad we could get in.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant thinking it would be good because it was super busy every night. However I was super disappointed because I could taste that my food had been microwaved. The chicken had not marinated in the sauce what so ever so it tasted like plastic. My mother's dish, was full of cold spots. This is proof that it has been microwaved and it is also a huge food safety hazard. I recently did an achievement standard on food safety in Hospitality worth 5 NCEA level 1 credits so I know everything about food safety. This place is dangerous and I don't recommend it to anyone!