“Service slipping”
Review of Pandoro Panetteria

Pandoro Panetteria
Ranked #1 of 15 Bakeries in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pandoro has been in Wellington since 1996 with our flagship panetteria opening on Allen Street 20 years ago. After the success of our first bakery we expanded and opened our doors at Woodward Street & shortly after Willis Street. We are a family owned and operated business still run by the same family who opened Pandoro Wellington 20 years ago. With even the youngest family member - our 7 year old son, helping out behind the counter during school holidays At Pandoro we are a dedicated bakery product solution provider to the Food Service Industry as well as a specialist boutique retail bakery. We produce primarily specialty breads and non-yeasted sourdoughs that are all additive free, GM free and made to a premium standard using traditional artisan methods. We offer a wide variety of bread products which are baked fresh daily then delivered seven mornings a week throughout the Greater Wellington region and lower North Island. We can arrange special deliveries to the South Island. We also offer a range of traditional and contemporary cake and pastry products as part of our commitment to being a one-stop shop solution provider. Our Willis & Allen Street Panetteria both serve breakfast, brunch and lunch. All three stores offer cabinet food throughout the day. Takeaway coffee and lunch is available and we have a vast selection of fresh baked goods on offer everyday. We also offer catering services for corporates, clubs & life events. At Pandoro nothing goes to waste. We bake fresh every single day so our customers receive a premium product and our leftover products go to charities such as the Wellington DCM, Wellington free store & For Families at the end of each day. We also support one off charity events whenever possible.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is/was my favourite bakery, every time I'm in Wellington or Auckland I make a bee line for the place and leave with a bag full of items. Sadly this time it did not live up to its usual standard in service, was there something in the water in Wellington this week as it seemed to repeated many times... The service was off hand to the point of being rude when I asked for my old favourites. The staff member informed me he had been working there for at least four years and never heard of the items asked for. Luckily I had been in Akld the week before and managed to get some of the none existent items. The coffee is always outstanding and usually my breakfast call when staying at the Musuem Hotel, this time I returned to the hotel and ate at the restaurant. Come on Pandoro's, your so much better than this!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've been here many times now, and each time I can't get past the almond croissants. The coffe is good, but the almond croissants... I'm sure if I keep going I'll move on to something else, as it all looks divine. Great time to go is after going to the nearby market, then you can killa few calories with carrying your fruit and veges to the car. :)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

When you stay at 'At Home Wellington' in Wakefield Street, or are in that area, & are on your way the 500 yards to New World for groceries, you will see [or smell] across the other side of Wakefield Street, Pandoro.
Its a bakery with coffee, a few tables, & sells the morning paper. The bakery takes up most of the floor space & you can see the bakers working.
So each morning at 7.30am I headed over there to get the paper & coffee, & some sandwiches or filled rolls for lunch.
All excellent.
Will return.

H49

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was visiting Wellington & went in to Pandoro to buy a birthday cake...the selection is good but the service is rude and sloppy. I brought a standard size cake which if purchased from my usual Chch bakery would be $40, was $55. AND when offered writing on the cake I was told another $6.50. I didn't actually see the cake as it was packaged in a box-they are not able to provide a carry bag or even string to tie around the box to carry it, even though I explained it had to go on a flight to Chch. They don't have candles either but told me to go to New World down the steet which was helpful. Anyway went to the airport in the car on the way noticed an ant crawl out of the box-didn't worry too much about it...then another two appeared on the flight...got the cake to its destination, opened the box & the box was literally crawling w ants!!!! So not only is the cake now in the rubbish & box burned, so a waste of $55, but I've had to de-contaminate the car & kitchen. Pandoro-you have an issue w your packaging. Service was a MAJOR let down too-your staff are not doing me a favour by serving me-surely that's why you pay them?

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I kind of hoard this bread and rush it back to my home in the Hawkes Bay. The bread is wonderful - I always buy the sour doughs either San Fancisco or Vienna and they also have a great five seed loaf. The bread lasts well (unless we are feeling greedy) and makes great toast after a few days.